Life of a Farmer – Short Essay 1
Introduction: The farmer is one of the most useful people of since the beginning of civilization. We all depend upon agriculture to meet our requirement of food. We get our food because the farmer grows crops and carries the agricultural activities. Though, they feed the entire humanity, their life conditions are far from satisfactory.
Tough life: The life of a farmer is very tough. He works very hard day and night in all seasons. During summer, he works under the heat of the sun. During winter season, he gets wet while ploughing the field. During winter, he carries on his hard work in spite of the dull and cold weather.
Dependent upon nature: The life of a farmer is much dependent upon forces of nature. For agriculture, adequate monsoon is required. If the rainfall is adequate, the agricultural output would be good.
However, inadequate rainfall and long-spell of scarcity of water may result into drought situation. As a result, agriculture may get negative affected and there may be acute shortage of food leading to famines.
Economic factors: The farmer earns money by selling his crops. He remains happy if the crops are good. But, if the crops fail, then his life becomes miserable.
A farmer suffers even if there is abnormal increase in production homogeneously at all places. In such cases, the selling price of the crops goes down and the excess crops get wasted.
Literacy: Most of the farmers of our country are illiterate. They can’t read or write. Since they are not educated, they are unaware of their legitimate rights. They are often cheated by money-lenders.
Poor Hygiene and Sanitation: They have little education and awareness about the benefits of maintaining a good hygienic environment.
- Most farmers have no knowledge of the fact that drinking impure water may lead to health issues.
- Also, there is inadequate sewage disposal system in our villages.
- There is less than adequate medical facilities or trained nurses and doctors in rural areas.
Conclusion: Most of the farmers are simple, hard-working, sincere and honest people. They always remain at the mercy of nature and God.
The Government has introduced several schemes for the benefit of the farmers. Let’s hope that these benefits will actually reach the farmers.
By Teamwork (2015)
Life of a Farmer – Short Essay 2
Farmers are the most hardworking people. Growing crops and plants is their real desire.
Life of a farmer
- Farmers live a simple life.
- They are used to working on a sunny day and while it is raining.
- Indian farmers always wake up very early in the morning and they also sleep after the set of the sun.
- They watch over their crops all day and night by serving as guards for their crop from the harm of animals like cattle.
- Crops are carried with Bullock cart. Bullock cart is the main worker in their group.
- Their wife and children also help in all the possible farm activities they can help with.
- Indian farmers also get the best sleep they can because of the fact that they always work hard during the day.
- They grow crops for sale and also for their families.
- Farmers celebrate social and cultural events in a simple manner.
By Ananda (2019)
Last updated: June 28, 2019.