Television is a technological device which serves as a visual media to deliver entertainment and information. Denoted as TV, the television operates on different frequencies for particular channels and offers a variety of packages such as movies, news, music and even animated content.
There are different channels which are free to air whilst there are others which have to be subscribed and paid for as they are premium based.
Television (TV) is a wonderful invention of modern science. It has both advantages and disadvantages. They are each discussed below in points.
What are the advantages of watching TV?
1. Television is one of the fastest means to access information from different parts of the world. We can watch news channels to know the present affairs of the around the world. Nowadays, there are also large number of regional news channels.
2. Our children can learn moral lessons in a fun way by watching special episodes meant for children.
3. The television shows, music, video-songs, live matches, etc. are sources of our entertainment.
4. We can learn to make our favorite dishes by watching cooking episodes.
5. The tele-shopping channels offer many bargain deals.
6. We become aware of the present socio-economic condition of our country and of our world.
7. We can follow the latest trend by watching the fashion and modelling shows.
8. The spiritual shows build our character.
9. We can keep ourselves updated about the stock market.
10.Television sets also help educate children on good communication and proper mastery of language which is often the reason why parents expose their children to TVs even at a young age.
11. A lot of careers have been promoted by the help of TVs in that by showing them and their contents on TV, it serves as marketing.
12. It connects the world by ensuring that people from one part of the world know what is happening in the opposite part of the world.
What are the disadvantages of watching TV?
1. When we watch too much of TV shows, our eyes get tired.
2. Television creates too much sound. Our mind gets cluttered with those sounds.
3. Many Television shows are considered indecent for kids and children.
4. We often compromise our sleeping hours to watch our favorite TV serial.
5. Our favorite actors are often shown consuming alcohol or smoking a cigarette. Young people often get negatively inspired to intake these harmful substances.
6. Too much of watching TV may distract us from our true motive in life.
7. Very often, we are lured to buy unnecessary thing from Tele-shopping channels.
8. Watching TV for long period is may result in wastage of our time and hence deters creative use of time.
9. Many advertisements appear on the television. Sometimes, if we cannot afford an advertised item, it may leave a sense on unfulfillment in our heart.
10. Some television content can corrupt good morals in children.
The benefits of TVs outweigh the disadvantages that it causes. However, the right way of television use is the way which is responsible and for free time. Provided TVs are used in a responsible manner, there is no limit to the value that this device adds to the world.