We all know unconsciously that exercises are good for us, but have you taken time to find out why exercises are important? If not, you are at the right place. This article will bring you up to speed with 25 reasons why exercises are important.
Reasons why Exercise is Important
1. Increases energy levels keeping you active and energized all day long.
2. Improves body muscle strength and endurance
3. Maintains healthy body weight – helps shed off excess weight and maintain a healthy body weight.
4. Improves brain function – exercises are known to improve mental health and improve brain function.
5. Healthy functioning of the heart – exercises keep your heart in check by pumping sufficient blood to the body.
6. Sound Immune system – exercises improve the body’s metabolism and immune system.
7. Exercises help reduce the risk of infections and diseases – Due to the improved immune system; your body protects itself better from diseases and infections.
8. Sound sleep – people who have had problems with their sleep find it beneficial to exercise each day as the body muscles and brain tend to relax more.
9. Improves your moods and gives you a sense of well-being
10. It is a natural cure for stress and depression – if you want to steer far from stress and depression, exercising is the key.
11. Age gracefully – Exercises reduce the effects of aging and thus you will age gracefully without the complications that are associated with aging.
12. Improved sex life – Exercises ignite a spark into one’s sex life.
13. Enhances flexibility – By constantly flexing your muscles, you will become more flexible and able to do more in your life
14. Happier living – Exercises will boost secretion of happy chemicals in your body, which create happy feelings and euphoria.
15. Improved self esteem and self confidence – By regularly doing exercises and staying fit, your self esteem and confidence grows naturally as you feel on top of the world.
16. Alleviates anxiety – Exercises help you relax and reduce anxiety levels.
17. Sharpens your memory – Exercises help to keep your body and brain active. This helps boost the brain power and increase your memory.
18. Helps control addiction – More rehab centers recommend their patients to start exercising as it helps get their mind from drugs and other addictive substances.
19. Helps you become more alert – Exercises affect all your body parts thus you become more alert.
20. Increases your productivity – By maintaining a stress free life, you productivity naturally increases as you are able to pay more attention to what you do.
21. Reduces risk of cancer – Study shows that exercises have helped reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancers such as breast cancer in women.
23. Strengthens the bones – Exercises help strengthen bones and reduce the risk of osteoporosis
24. Improves focus and attention – Exercise helps the overall growth of the mind and hence improves focus and attention.
25. It is fun – Other than engaging in other diminishing behavior, exercises can be a good hobby and its fun to do it.
Exercises can be difficult to perform especially for first timers, but once you get the hang of it, they can be really fun and you will discover how important they are to improve the quality of your life. Well, those are some of the reasons why exercises are important.
Also read about Physical Exercise at Wikipedia.