Introduction: It’s absolutely true that the future and overall development of any country depends upon the fact that how educated its citizens are.
Though, gaining a professional degree is not possible for everyone due to various reasons, but what actually matters is the basic education. That is, one should know how to read and how to write.
India has shown significant improvement in education since 1947 until today. However, we believe that there is always some room for improvement in every field. So let us discuss 10 ways that can help us improve our education system.
1. Skill Based Learning – Schools should be allowed to provide skill based training. It can be done best by recognizing the areas of interest on any student. If someone is interested in repairing mobiles, there should be provision for mobile engineering course. If someone loves trying hands in handicraft items, the training should be provided for the same and so on. Skill based training will ensure one thing – Self-employment!
2. Focus on Rural Education – Mahatma Gandhi said, “The future of India lies in its villages. If the villages perish, India will perish too.” This alone explains the significance of focus on rural education. We should have schemes and schools that provide good education to children living in villages. Also, it should be assured that good and experienced teachers are there to impart education to children.
3. Free Basic Computer Skills Classes – The reason that we suggest this point is very straightforward. It is the era of Information Technology and hence, education is nearly incomplete without having basic computer training in it. Be it accounts, engineering, teaching or just the simple back office jobs, computers are everywhere and so, our pupil should have the basic knowledge about them.
4. Teachers Training – Our country has already got many training programs for teachers. The need of the hour is to design a curriculum for teachers in such a way that uniformity arises in teaching standards all over India. Moreover, teachers should be trained in such a way that they know their rights as well as duties.
5. Subsidies and Grants for Professional Courses – We are lucky to have different scholarships existing in various schemes for the underprivileged as well as for the meritorious students. We can further improve in this area by having subsidies and grants in various professional courses. This way, aspiring students will not have to leave their studies in between due to their personal financial limitations.
6. Educate Parents – Educating parents is equally important so that they do not force their children for career which do not actually interest them. Also, necessary steps should be taken to augment and improve the communication between teachers and parents.
7. Health education – Another area that needs improvement and attention is the health education. We should try to include Yoga or various other workouts in our education system so that children get to learn the value of good health and maintain the same.
8. Smart Classes – Though many of the Indian schools and institutes are already following this concept, but we should take a step where all educational institutes can be connected with the concept of smart classes. With the help of different audio-video devices, multimedia concepts and other necessary IT elements, we can make our students learn and understand in a much better and modern way.
9. E-libraries – Introducing this concept in our education system will be of great help as anyone will be able to access the books and required study material from anywhere with ease. Moreover, the E-libraries can be updated quickly with new material and books.
10. Making Sports Compulsory – Last, but not the least, we should try to make sports compulsory in our education system. This will not only help students to embrace a bright career, but will also help our country in the long run! Moreover, this option will also generate employment for so many talented sports persons who, due to some reason, could not further pursue their career in sports.
Remember, the education system of ancient India has always marked its impression all over the world. So why not achieve another milestone in education by making some more improvements! With little effort, planning, hard-work and a positive attitude, we can definitely take our education system to new heights!