Save Trees – Paragraph 1
Save trees for the environment! Trees are the lungs of the earth: it is very important to protect them. It is for this reason that we say: ‘save trees and save the earth’.
To save trees means to protect them from destruction by human activities such as clearing the forested areas for the townships, factories, and industries.
Regions with a lot of trees generally have good climatic conditions. It is, therefore, critical to protect them from destruction and create a better planet.
Why should we save trees? – Paragraph 2
Trees are an essential part of the ecosystem. It is important to protect them because:
- Protecting our atmosphere. They improve atmospheric air purity. Trees help to lock CO2 out of the atmosphere, combating climate change.
- Food supply. Much of our food comes from trees, including nuts, bark and fruits (for example mango, apple, etc.). Spices such as cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, etc. comes from trees and plants.
- Soil quality. Tree roots balance the mineral composition of the soil and improves its productivity.
- Preventing flooding. Tree roots are a natural flood defence.
- Defence against winds. Trees are a natural barrier against high winds and dust storms.
- Habitats. Rainforests and woodlands are important habitats for many animals, birds and insects.
- Medicine. Many trees are medicinal; aloe vera soothes the skin, for instance.
- Biodiversity: Trees also enhance biodiversity in the ecosystem
- Shade: Trees provide shade from the sun.
- Clothing: Tree fibers are used in some clothes.
- Cosmetics: Aloe vera juice, coconut oil, etc. are used widely in the cosmetic industry.
- Supporting other plants: Some other plants are designed to root in tree trunks.
How to save trees? – Paragraph 3
There are different ways in which we can save trees from destruction. They include:
- Use less wood. Buy less new wooden furniture and only buy wooden products from sustainable sources.
- Become a campaigner. Carrying out awareness campaigns and use slogans such as “save trees and save life”, or “save trees and save planet”, etc., to let the local people, local authorities know that trees are important to you.
- Use less paper. Save paper, for example by thinking before you print emails.
- Reforestation. Participate in reforestation projects to plant trees in areas where they have been cut down. This will increase the number of trees in your region.
- Donate. Donate to environmental charities.
- Appreciate. Appreciating the beauty of trees will encourage you to preserve them.
- Laws: Gazetting forested areas to make it illegal to cut down trees from such areas.
Conclusion: Trees are essential to our lives in so many ways.
Save Trees – Paragraph 4
We should all contribute towards saving trees. In the present day however, there is an imminent environmental threat facing the planet. The tree cover is rapidly declining for a variety of reasons. The need for more land for agriculture and expanding settlements have created an increased pressure on the tree cover and forests in urban areas and in other forest areas. Similarly the need for timber is also an important reason for loss of tree cover. The need for timber for a variety of purposes from construction, paper, furniture and the like are on the rise. In addition to this, pollution is creating a need for more forest cover to restore atmospheric balance.
Last updated: July 16, 2019.