Meaning: ‘Hard work is the key to success’ means that ‘if you work hard, you will succeed in your projects’.
The chances of your success increases significantly when you refuse to accept the defeat and make determined efforts in accomplishing your goal.
It further means that ‘person who works hard and puts in a great deal of effort and endurance achieve great things in life’. In simple words, this proverb means that ‘people must work hard in order to achieve their goals’.
Origin: It is hard to trace the origin of this proverb because it is so ubiquitous, so no origin is attested. The importance of hard work goes as far back as the beginning of humanity. Rather, it may be said to be a general principle of life. People use this proverb without reference to a particular origin.
Expansion of the idea: This proverb is related to other proverbs that advocate working towards your goals, such as ‘if at first you don’t succeed, try, try again’. A hard-working person will surely achieve great success. It is said that, “hard-work beats talent, when talent doesn’t work hard’.
A lot of effort and endurance is needed to realize the desired outcome. When individuals pursue their objectives and aim for success while working hard in the process, they are more than likely to see their dreams come true.
- Study: Students can be urged to work hard in school to achieve academic excellence. Coursework and exams can be complex, but with hard work, a student can realize good grades and pursue his or her career of choice.
- Employment: Hard work in the workplace is crucial for any employee that wants to climb the corporate ladder.
- Good relationships: In friendships and romantic relationships, hard work will pay off. Making the effort to pamper our loved ones and show them how much we care for them is right at the heart of a lasting relationship.
- Financial success: This is an important accomplishment for many people, and it does not come easy. One has to work hard whether in business or as an employee to achieve financial success.
- Creative projects: hard work is also a key part of creative projects, which is something that not everyone appreciates.
- Learning a new skill: If we want to learn a new skill for fun, whether that is painting or hockey, we will need to put in effort to make it successful – and enjoyable.
- Improving skills: You must work hard to improve your skills and become a highly sought after professional.
Hence, it is true that ‘hard work is the key to success’. This proverb defines the human life itself. A hard-working person accomplishes his aim in life. In all of our endeavours, hard work will really pay off.
Contributors: (1) Laura, (2) Victor.
Compiled by editorial team.