Importance of games and sports – Paragraph 1.
There goes a good proverb—”All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy“.
Games and sports are two closely related concepts. Games refer to activities done for amusement, recreation or fun. Sports on the other hand refer to a physical activity where individuals or team compete for entertainment purposes.
Games and sports are not only important for success in studio but it is important for success in every walks of our life. Games and sports include all outdoor and indoor games and also athletics. In ancient Greece they formed the principal part of education. Even today, they are a regular feature of the school and college curriculum.
Games and sports may be of various kinds. Apart from school or college sports, boys and girls may practice races, jumps, discuss throw and javelin throw and thus pass their afternoon in useful activities. They may play various games like football, cricket, hockey, volleyball, basket ball, badminton, cycling, etc.
School and College Games and sports are annual affairs. Sometimes inter class tournaments are also held. Students take part in various games like high and long jumps, pole vault, go-as-you like and different kind of races. These annual sports foster competitive spirit and sportsmanship. It is an important part of a student’s life.
Importance of games and sports – Paragraph 2.
The importance of games and sports can never be minimized.
- First of all, they are good exercises and help to build fine, physique for the boys and girls. This make them mentally alert and physically strong. Further, good health is one of the most important benefit of games and sports.
- Secondly, students learn to cope with difficult situations. By displaying their feats before many spectators, they can overcome their nervousness.
- Thirdly, games and sports are good diversions and give them energy to learn their lessons well.
- Fourthly, games, when played for entertainment, provides the necessary break from the everyday monotonous life.
- Fifthly, games and sports help building a sense of cooperation and team-spirit in an individual. Sports like cricket, football, etc. are won by the collective efforts of all the members of the team.
- Sixth, games and sports played by professional players bring a lot of glory to the nation.
- Seventh, games are generally played with specific goal to win. This helps in goal setting.
- Eights, participants learn to follow rules and become more disciplined.
For these reasons, every civilized nation values the importance of games and sports and spends massive amount towards improve the standard of its players and athletes.
By Anurag Roy
Importance of games and sports in school – Paragraph 3
Every school has games and sporting activities that students take part in as co-curricular activities. Students get many benefits by participating in games and sports in school.
Importance of games and sports
- They help to build self confidence. By participating in games and sports, students get to build confidence after winning competitions.
- They help to improve the virtue of team work. When one is a part of a sports team, they get to learn how to be better team players and ensure the success of their teams.
- Students get to avoid class monotony. They get to be involved in other activities in schools other than class work.
- It also brings students together. Sports activities help to bring students together as they participate in these activities.
- These activities also help to develop talents. Students who are good in sports are recognized and their talents get to be nurtured at a young age.
Games and sports are important in school to ensure that students are not only good in class work but that they are also good in other activities. They help to propel students towards become more physically active.
Importance of games and sports – Paragraph 4.
The importance of games and sports is appreciated in every part of the world.
Games and sports bring people together for purposes of fun and enjoyment.
Games and sports also help build and establish talents. By engaging in one’s talents progressively, people are able to become better at the particular games of sport, become better versions of themselves and therefore deliver more.
Games and sports have also formed the base for many careers in different parts of the world. The participants are sponsored to represent diverse brands and by so doing, earn a living for themselves as well as their dependents.
They are also a source of income through programs like promotion for particular brands. Athletes earn their income entirely from taking part in the games or sports that they are good at and constantly train to be better.
The world runs as a unit with everyone living together in peace and harmony because of certain things like sports that make as all common.