Meaning: Tree plantation means planting trees. This is the meaning of tree plantation when it is taken as a verb.
A tree plantation can also be a noun. In this sense, it means a set of trees that have been planted.
Tree plantation is something that happens as a result of human action: it is thus distinguished from trees growing naturally from seed.
Why plant trees?
- Supporting biodiversity: tree ecosystems are very biodiverse.
- Protecting soil quality: trees are great for keeping soil quality stable.
- Food: the fruits, nuts and seeds of trees can be wonderful sources of food.
- Fuel: tree plantations can be sustainable sources of wood that can be used as fuel.
- Protection from weather: tree plantations stop earth from being washed away in floods. They also provide a barrier from the wind.
- Jobs: such plantations provide jobs in the agriculture sector.
- Building materials: both wood and leaves can build everything from homes to boats.
Also read: Short Paragraph on Trees
How to create a tree plantation?
- Single-handedly: create one in your back yard.
- As part of a community scheme.
- As part of national reforestation programs.
- Reclaiming previously industrialized land.
- Turning unused land into a tree plantation.
- Using saplings from endangered trees to help them flourish once more.
- As part of land that is used for other things (for instance a tree plantation can also be used as grazing land).
Conclusion: Tree plantations are much better than deforesting land and using it for industry.