Water is a liquid. It is made up of H2O molecules. H2O is two hydrogen atoms bonded together with one atom of oxygen.
The importance of water means the usefulness and significance of liquid H2O. Water is absolutely crucial for our health and well-being, and for the planet too.
Uses of Water
Please find below the various uses of water:
- Drinking: humans need to drink at least 8 regular glasses of clean water each day.
- Washing our bodies: water helps us stay hygienic.
- Cleaning homes: water helps remove dirt from homes.
- Agriculture: irrigation systems are crucial to much of agriculture.
- Cooking: boiling, steaming and stewing all use water.
- Leisure: sailing swimming and other leisure activities take place in water.
- Habitats: lakes, rivers and the sea are vital for biodiversity.
- Travel: ships, rafts and other vessels are important means of transport.
- Plumbing: water helps us to dispose of unwanted waste from our homes.
- Laundry: water enables us to keep our clothing and linen clean.
- Preservation: brine is great for preserving everything from olives to veggies.
- Peace: sitting beside a lake or body of water brings us peace.
- Power: hydroelectric energy can power whole towns.
- An ingredient: water is an ingredient in some surprising things, such as cosmetics and coolants.
Conclusion: Water affects every aspect of our lives.