Saving money is easy when you know how. Try these 10 handy tips.
1. Budget: be honest about how much you earn and how much you can afford to spend.
2. Make packed lunches: bringing your own coffee and sandwich to work in a flask each day can save you hundreds of dollars on lunch.
3. Reuse: reuse jamjars to make drinking glasses, old clothing to make cushions and turn takeaway containers into handy tupperware.
4. Mend things: instead of throwing things out when they break, learn to refit a fuse in an appliance, to sew up holes in clothing and so on.
5. Buy less: be happy with what you have, and only buy what you need.
6. Sell old stuff: the average home has around $3000 of unwanted stuff lying around in it according to Ebay.
7. Use timers: put the heating and hot water on a timer and you won’t waste money heating your home when you are out.
8. Consolidate debts: consolidating your debts into a single sum to be paid off monthly can work out cheaper and easier.
9. Keep leftovers: don’t throw that leftover scoop of pasta in the saucepan into the bin – that can be tomorrow’s lunch.
10. Keep your savings in a high interest account: soon they will start making money all by themselves.
Conclusion: These tips are easy, so why not start today?