What are Moral Values? Moral values mean the ideals that are central to our sense of being a good person.
Morality means what is right. It comes from the Latin word for customs. However, it does not just neutrally mean a custom. It specifically means a good way of living – a good rule for life.
Value comes from the Latin word for worth. So, moral values are the ideas about morality that we think are worthwhile.
Moral Value are extremely important in human life. The various reason in its support is highlighted below:
- Purposeful lives: if we are not grounded in a moral code, we simply drift aimlessly through life.
- Care for others: moral values help us to care for others.
- Respect: moral values ensure that we respect ourselves and others.
- Objectively good: doing the right thing is objectively good.
- The meaning of life: moral values make life meaningful.
- The fount of good things: many other good things flow from strong moral values.
- A requirement: it can be argued that a strong moral code is a requirement for a fulfilling life.
- Guidance: moral values help us to make wise decisions.
- Trust: if we know other people have moral values, we will trust them.
- Community: shared moral values help to foster a sense of community.
Conclusion: We should always examine and develop our moral values.