Greenhouse gases lead to environmental pollution and global warming. They are the cause of the greenhouse effect which has led to increased global temperatures.
The major sources of greenhouse gas are:
1. Power Plants: Burning fossil fuel to generate electricity releases greenhouse gas. Such fossil fuels include coal, oil and natural gas.
2. Motor emissions: Vehicles emit greenhouse gas into the atmosphere as they burn fuel.
3. Deforestation: Trees store nitrous oxide and methane which are released into the atmosphere when they are cut down.
4. Factories: Manufacturing plants are a source of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases.
5. Agriculture: Farming can also release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.