The phrase, ‘Diwali without crackers’, is often referred to as ‘eco-friendly diwali’.i.e., celebration of Diwali festival in a way that do not post threat to the environment.
Diwali Crackers are the firecrackers that comprises of substances that explode on lighting to make loud bursting sound.
In course of time, the ‘festival of light’ has become the ‘festival of crackers’, posing serious threat to the environment.
Reasons to celebrate Diwali without firecrackers:
- Fire crackers contribute towards air pollution. They release harmful gases, smokes, and other chemicals in the environment, and contribute towards air pollution.
- Many firecracker factories engage children as labors. To put a stop to this, usage of firecrackers should be stopped at once.
- Firecrackers should be handled with care. There are safety risks involved with firecrackers.
- Firecrackers do not come cheap, and is often a wastage of money.
- Human-beings as well as animals are disturbed by the loud noise of firecrackers. Sick people the worst affected.
Instead of firing crackers, we can decorate the places with lights and beautiful ‘Diyas’. Diya is an oil lamp made of clay. Deepak or Deepa means ‘source of light’. Light denotes enlightenment, prosperity, success, wealth, happiness as well as better health.