There can’t be just one day to celebrate the ever-lasting affectionate and loving bond with your mother, but the second Sunday of May is widely celebrated as Mother’s Day. The day was first celebrated in 1908 by Anna Jharvis at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia. Slowly after that, it started coming into the limelight and today celebrated all around the world.
Mothers are treated special by all the possible ways she could be. The day is celebrated as follows:
- By organising a surprise party for her.
- By playing all the old games with her which she loved to play in her childhood.
- By playing all her favorite movies and songs.
- By cooking her favorite dish and dessert.
- By having an wonderful rejuvenating talk with her.
- By organizing a video themed party where everybody expresses their love towards her.
- By gifting her a favorite colour sari or a dress.
- By giving her a new look or makeover.
- By travelling with her to her favorite holiday destination.
- By spending time with her in the pottery class or glass painting class which she always wanted to go with you because spending time with her is always precious.
The enthusiasm and excitement this day brings are unmatched to any other celebration day. Although, it doesn’t mean that you should forget her on other days. Celebrate mother’s day, celebrate motherhood each and every day with your mother.