Aims of Physical Education (PE).
1. Health: generally keeping the body healthy.
2. Cardiovascular: keeping the heart and blood vessels in good condition.
3. Respiratory: regular exercise promotes healthy heart and lungs.
4. Muscle growth: getting the limbs of the body strong.
5. Longevity: regular exercise helps to promote longer life.
6. Education: physical education teaches students about the body and how it works.
7. Sports: physical education teaches students how to play a variety of sports.
8. Relaxing: it’s a rest from regular studies.
9. Development: all round development, not just academic.
10. Fun: PE is so enjoyable.
Objectives of Physical Education (PE).
1. Healthy citizens: reducing strain on health services.
2. General wellbeing: physical education enhances feelings of happiness.
3. Good habits: physical education early on ensures that adults continue exercising for many years to come.
4. Team players: PE makes participants into good team players.
5. Discovering athletes: PE helps us to discover the athletes of the future.
6. A break from work: freshening the mind.
7. Tradition: physical education is a great tradition to keep up.
8. Friends: it helps participants to make friends.
9. Offline: getting people offline.
10. Self help: a great way to help ourselves with our issues.