Noise pollution can disrupt our work – and even our sleep. Here are 14 ways to reduce adn control it – and to stop creating it.
1. Double glazing: stop noise seeping through windows.
2. Loft insulation: fiberglass is great for this.
3. Earplugs: for when you really can’t sleep.
4. Noise canceling headphones: create silence amidst noise.
5. Silencers: use silencers on noisy equipment.
6. Noise control hours: create a ‘noise control hours’ meaning that you don’t use noisy machines after a certain time of day.
7. Floor insulation: rugs and special floorboards are good here.
8. Wall insulation: use insulating panels to protect your home.
9. Local authorities: get local government involved in noise reduction schemes.
10. Traffic: less traffic on the roads reduces noise pollution.
11. Construction projects: liaise with construction workers to ensure that they minimize noise.
12. Natural barriers: high garden trees and bushes help to reduce noise.
13. Vibrations: position beds slightly away from walls so that they are not affected by vibrations.
14. Conversations: stay in dialog with your neighbors to ensure that you can all reduce noise that affects each other.