Road Safety – Short Essay 1.
Road safety means that we move along the road in a safe manner, i.e., keeping ourselves free from harm or injury at the roads. We need to follow certain rules to stay safe on the roads. These rules are called Road Safety Rules.
It is very important for us to follow the road safety rules. This will help us in walking or moving on the roads safely. Even while riding inside a vehicle, we should follow the safety rules for a safe journey.
We should follow the following Road Safety Rules in order to keep ourselves safe and free from injury:
- We should always walk on the pavements.
- Do not jump or run on the roads.
- We should follow the traffic signals. If we are driving, we should stop if the signal is red. We can drive across only if the signal is green.
- We should cross the road at the zebra crossing only.
- While crossing the road, we look at our left and right to make sure that there are no moving vehicles in our way.
- Children should always be accompanied by adults.
- We should be alert not talk over phone while walking on the road.
- We should walk carefully and not push anyone on the road.
- We should mind our own business and should not get distracted by the road banners and advertisements.
- While on a moving vehicle, we should always use seat-belts.
- While riding on a two-wheeler, we should wear a helmet for our protection.
- We should not talk loudly inside a moving vehicle. This may disturb the driver.
- We should not play or jump inside the moving vehicle.
- We should sit in our seat.
- While getting in a bus, we should form a queue and wait for our chance.
- We should not move our head out of the moving vehicle’s window.
Thus, we have understood the concept of road safety. Further, we have also learnt about the road safety rules that we should follow in everyday life. We have also written a few slogan on safety that you may find helpful.
By Lighthouse (2018)
Road safety – Short Essay 2
Road safety is most important for all the people of this world. Road safety is essential for leading a safe life.
Reason for decreasing road safety
We can say this is the human-made problem. People are not concerned about road safety.
On the other hand, vehicles on roads are increasing. Another problem is people do not maintain the traffic rules. As a result, they do not use zebra crossing and foot over bridge. On the other hand, drivers do not stop the buses on the stoppage. For this reason, road accidents are increasing every day. All these things are caused by the administration. They are not concern about traffic rules. They do not do their duty properly. Finally, the reason for the road accident is occurred not only for the administration but also for the people who are not using seat belts and helmets while traveling.
How to improve road safety
As a result, we need to improve road safety for a safer life. If all the people of our country be concern about road safety then it will be possible to prevent the problem. We need to reduce the accident which is caused by the road accident. Every driver or road users need to follow the rules. If we maintain all the things for decreasing then the road will be safe.
On the other hand, bad transport is not useful for travel. For this reason, the transport needs to good for travel. If the condition of the transports is good then the road safety will increase. As a result, in this country, we need to use a small number of vehicles. Without maintaining all these things we cannot be able to make sure about road safety.
If all the road users need to walk or travel safely then it is essential to use all the traffic rules. On the other hand, while using road we have to use footpath for walking, zebra crossing for crossing the road.
By Ananda (2019)
Importance of Road safety – Short Essay 3.
Road safety refers to the provision and therefore the state that an individual is safe from any form of harm while at the road. Road safety is an important concept for any country, state or city as it determines the well being of the people in that location. Road safety as a concept affects pedestrians as well as motorists and their owners.
Importance of road safety
- Road safety practices equip road users with skills to protect themselves and other road users from road related harms.
- Road safety defines whether or not people are safe from road accidents and that the ones who have vehicles are safe together with their vehicles.
- Road safety also makes for orderliness in the road as motorists and pedestrians together appreciate the concept of road safety.
- It reduces the number of deaths and other casualties that are registered on the roads of any place in the world.
- Road safety is a system and therefore provides organization for the operations that take place in roads reducing many forms of casualties.
- It defines the rules that describe how exactly roads should be used without which there would be so much congestion at any given time.
- Road safety practices make it possible for indiscrimination at the roads hence children as well as adults can freely use the roads for as long as they adhere to the road safety rules.
- It makes it possible to maintain law and order in the roads for the well being of every road user. Those who violate road safety practices are punishable by law.
Road safety is a concept that is very important for road users as it constitutes the practices that make for an organized use of the roads in places all over the world.
By Mary (2019)
Importance of Road Safety – Short Essay 4
Roads and road travel are a valuable asset and support system for our modern day lifestyle. Everyday millions of human-being travel on roads. This makes road travel quite complicated and risk-prone if not handled with due caution and safety rules. There are certain safety rules and traffic regulations that need to followed by all drivers.
- Have all the licenses, trainings and paper-work ready before you drive.
- Follow appropriate speed limits.
- Drive safe and alert – do not drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Follow road signs for turning, priority driving, etc.
- Follow appropriate rules for having children in your vehicles.
These rules are important because they serve the following basic functions.
Everyone on the road needs to have equality opportunity and access to the driving space on the roads. Roads are public property. If proper rules are established and followed everyone gets to use the road space in turns.
Efficiency in travel time
Traffic rules also help prevent chaos and confusion on the roads. Especially in heavy traffic situations, everyone needs to follow pre-decided laws and regulations so that everyone can drive safe and sound. Everyone can achieve their travel destinations more efficiently.
Prevention of Accidents and Fatality
Road accidents are a heavy loss to everyone. Many lives are lost in road accidents every day across the world. If we all follow road safety regulations, we can prevent many of these deaths.
Last Updated: July 1, 2019.