Nature and Its Importance – Short Essay 1.
Nature refers to the entire existence of natural physical world. Nature consists of natural things. Natural things are those things that are found in nature and not made or created by human beings.
There are both living and non-living natural things.
Living things have life. Human-beings, animals, fishes, plants, trees are living things.
Non Living things does not possess life. Mountains, soils, air, water, rivers, ponds, oceans are non-living things found in nature.
Natural things found in nature can be grouped into three categories, v.i.z., solid, liquid, and gases – based on their distinctive characteristics.
Solids things have a fixed shape such as mountains and stones. They do not flow.
Liquid things do not have any fixed shape and take the shape of the container in which they are poured. They can flow. For example, when water is poured into a jar, it takes the shape of the jar.
Gases also do not have any fixed shape and expands freely. For example, the air around us expands freely and contains various gases such as oxygen, nitrogen, etc.
Importance of Nature
Natural world is immensely beautiful. It has amazing mountains, rivers, oceans, seas, flora and flora. Different species of plants and animals make up the ecosystem.
- Nature supports life. We live and make our homes on the natural earth’s surface.
- We need air to breathe, and water to drink.
- We get our food from the nature. Rice, wheat and fruits are all natural agricultural food products.
- We get wood for making furniture.
- Natural medicinal herbs are used for curing ailments.
- Natural gases are used as fuel for cooking.
- Petroleum products such as petrol, diesels are uses in automobiles.
- We go to hill stations and sea-beaches spend enjoy the natural beauty.
- The aroma of natural flowers such as rose, lily, etc., fills our heart with joy.
Nature serves us in many ways. We should keep our natural surrounding safe. We should not pollute or contaminate the natural environment. We can support nature by not polluting the environment. We can plant more trees, and avoid misuse of water, fuels, etc. It is important that we do not abuse or exploit the nature in any form.
Nature and Its Importance – Short Essay 2
Nature should not be given a particular definition as it is just the surroundings that we live in. All the plants, trees, animals, rivers, mountains, climate, etc. are a part of nature.
All the trees, mountains, rivers, etc. also make the perfect environment to live in, and this is why, due to nature alone, every human being is living happily on this earth.
Importance of Nature: Nature has massive importance in everyone’s life, and these few points list the importance of nature perfectly:
- When children see their surroundings and feel the nature’s beauty, it has a massive impact on their mental growth. Nature helps them in their academics as well. When they see all those plants, animals, photosynthesis process, etc. in front of their eyes, they learn from the environment instead of just books.
- Nature has lots of offerings and also helps people in getting rid of various diseases. Nature gives us fresh air, fruits, and vegetables which helps people in having excellent health. If trees or plants weren’t there in our surroundings, human beings wouldn’t exist either.
- In nature, there are lots of other things which help us in our day to day lives. For example, wood from trees, herbs from various plants, water from rivers and various other offerings have become an essential part of a human being’s life.
- It is due to the beautiful nature that we can see some rare species in the world. If they don’t get a perfect atmosphere or the ideal nature for their living, there wouldn’t be any special species of animals and birds left in the world.
- It has been observed that for the sake of new industries, lots of trees are cut daily, lots of rivers and lakes are polluted from the chemicals of those industries, and due to various other personal gains, nature around the world has become highly contaminated. There are less number of forests and trees, less number of clean rivers and lakes, global warming is increasing day by day, and eventually, all this is harming us in an unthinkable way.
Though the offerings of nature have led us all to live a lavish life, we now must preserve everything in nature so that our next generations can have a life similar to ours in the future.
Nature – Short Essay 3
Nature is God’s gift to man, or so people say. Sometimes, we forget that mere contact with nature is just what humans need both physically and psychologically.
Human-beings need contact with nature. In fact, the human organism interacts with the environment through sight, hearing, taste, smell, and touch, in addition to the different systems such as respiratory, neurological, and so on.
Nature generally is assumed to mean the geographically determined ecology of a region. That is to say the trees, mountains, lakes, animals, etc, anything that is not manmade.
When you talk about a person’s nature you are primarily talking about his temperament, whether, he is of a friendly nature or a mean nature, etc.
Nature is being brought under human control however a human being finds it difficult to bring his nature under control. That is the irony.
Nature is generally pleasing to be in the presence of because it is an entirely different world devoid of stress and worries of daily life.
It is important for the human beings to start respecting nature because we have already seen the power of the fury that nature has the potential of unleashing on the human beings, be it a Tsunami or a hurricane.
Unbridled cutting down of forests to make way for constructions, cutting down mountains for human passage, reckless quarrying and claiming land, where it belongs to the oceans, are all ways of claiming superiority over nature. However, we have not thought through all the consequences of these acts.
So much of land and forest have been claimed by the relentless growth of the human race that the wildlife has been pushed to the margins and are now in need of conservation from extinction.
Importance of Nature
If a century ago, doctors recommended sea baths and treatments with thermal waters, today, some prescribe forest baths. In fact, several scientific studies prove the physical and mental benefits of going to natural space. These are some reasons.
- Relax and rejuvenate yourself from the hectic day to day life.
- Give yourself a chance to introspect in peace with nature.
- It is said that 1 hour in the midst of nature can go a long way to helping your mind as well as body.
Nature is a benign giver of all our needs. It is for us to realize where we try to reverse the positions of a master from a servant. If the above things do not convince you, you only have to try them to feel the difference within yourself!
By Various Contributors
Last Updated: February 21, 2019