Please find 10 lines on Mahatma Gandhi
1. Mahatma Gandhi was the most popular leader of the Indian Independence Movement.
2. He was born in a Gujarati family on 2nd October, 1860 at Porbandar in Gujarat.
3. His father and mother were Karamchand Gandhi and Putlibai.
4. During his early days as a lawyer, he practiced law in South Africa and raised voice against the British when he faced discrimination because of his skin colour.
5. He returned India in 1915 and soon joined the Indian National Congress.
6. Thereafter, throughout his life, he fought for the freedom of his motherland following the principles of nonviolence, and peace.
7. He launched several independence movements such as Civil Disobedience movement, Dandi March, Quit India Movement.
8. He had a great following and is known as “Father of the Indian Nation”.
9. His birthday is celebrated nation-wide as “Gandhi Jayanti” in honour of his contribution.
10. The life of Mahatma Gandhi is indeed an inspiration.