Basant Panchami also pronounced as Vasant Panchami is an amazing festival celebrated all around the country. The festival usually falls on the fifth day of the spring season, and people believe that Basant Panchami festival means the spring season has started. The festival gets celebrated by people of various religions and states, and all of them have different ways of celebrating it. The festival is a very joyful festival, and it gets celebrated by people with happy faces around the country.
Why Is It Celebrated?
People around the country have different reasons to celebrate it, but the basic reason for celebrating the festival was the arrival of the spring season. People have a belief that actual spring season starts on the day of Basant Panchami and-that is why they believe that no matter how cold it is on the day of Basant Panchami or a day before Basant Panchami, but the coldness wouldn’t be there after the festival.
How Is It Celebrated?
People around the country have different ways of celebrating the festival and here are a few of them.
- People all around the country wear yellow colored clothes to show their love towards mustard flower fields.
- Yellow colored rice gets made, and several other yellow colored dishes are made to celebrate this festival.
- People fly kites in various parts of the country which is by far the best way to celebrate this amazing festival.
- Many people feel that the festival is to show their love towards Goddess Saraswati and that is why Hindus show their love and prayers towards Goddess Saraswati.
- As the Goddess Saraswati is the Goddess of knowledge of language, art, knowledge, and music, a lot of people encourage their children to make music or write so that Goddess Saraswati could shower love towards them.
Importance of Basant Panchami
Basant Panchami has a lot of importance because of several reasons, and few of them are here below:
- People celebrate this festival with lots of joy and happiness and forget all their sadness and sorrows due to which this festival is also called the festival of happiness.
- According to religious thoughts, on this festival, a lot of people get blessed with amazing art and knowledge, and that is why a lot of people try to impress Goddess Saraswati with their good deeds.
- On this festival people of Punjab also remember the freedom fighters of India Shaheed Bhagat Singh and his companions for his sacrifices for the country and that is why yellow turbans are tied. People say that Bhagat Singh used to wear yellow colored turbans a lot and to remember him a lot of people wear yellow colored turbans on Basant Panchami.
- The festival marks the end of winter season, and bright sunlight and fields get seen by people around the country which not only make the farmers happy but looking at the colorful flowers, people also get very happy.
- At various parts of the countries, people fly kites to enjoy the festival due to which a lot of kite and thread sellers make a lot of money. So, this festival act as a great money-making scheme for a lot of people.
Problems of Celebrating Basant Panchami
There aren’t any certain problems related to this festival, but still, a lot of people have a few issues with this which are here below:
- As new kinds of Chinese threads are in the market, people are afraid of it as it can injure people. There are plenty of cases around the Every year when due to the Chinese thread someone gets badly injured and loses one of his body parts. Thus, they don’t want their children to fly kites on this special occasion.
- During the festival, a lot of students have exams nearby that date, and they forget about the exams and focus on enjoying the festival which becomes a problem for lots of parents.
- People who don’t get a holiday on this wonderful face a big problem because this festival does not usually get celebrated in the offices and that is why various office going persons don’t get to celebrate this wonderful festival.
Basant Panchami is a fantastic festival that gets celebrated all around the country with great joy and happiness. There would rarely be 10% of people in the country who have a problem with such an amazing festival. The day makes people smile and makes them forget about every sorrow they have. So, it is quite fair to say that it is the best day for everyone who participates in this beautiful festival.