Clean India mission or Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the cleanliness of the country.
Since its existence, it is quite visible that the country is improving regarding cleanliness and growing more plants and trees.
The Prime Minister did his best to promote this scheme by the advertising and promoting through various celebrities, and that is why the people around the country are following the footsteps of the PM to make the country green and clean.
What Is Clean India Mission?
The clean India mission is a scheme launched by the PM on 2nd October 2014 with a vision of clean and green India. The biggest aim was to clean all the backward cities and towns of the country. Moreover, another big reason for this scheme was to build toilets in areas where toilets were not available for the cleanliness of the country. Since its existence, it is quite visible around the country that the condition of lots of cities and towns got improved as people became aware of the cleanliness of the country and restricted themselves to spill dirt or throw items on the road, etc. The mission is to match up the cleanliness of India with the cleanliness of various foreign countries. There is a long way to go, but still, we can say that a good improvement is there in 4 years.
Why It Exists
- The Prime Minister of India is a huge follower of Mahatma Gandhi and Mahatma Gandhi had a vision of Swachh Bharat and to fulfill his dream.
- The PM took the responsibility. Although there were several kinds of cleanliness missions in the country before it, on a national level, this was the only mission, and it brought a change in the people of India, and they started looking after the cleanliness of the country
- The biggest reason for the mission was the poor cleanliness in the country. India got criticized around the world for poor cleanliness, and the PM thought to improve the cleanliness and has become successful.
How It Is Helping India To Become Cleaner
India was never a clean country, and still, it is not, but the conditions are better due to some reasons which are as below:
- A lot of celebrities promoted the mission on Twitter and other social media applications by uploading their videos and pictures of removing the garbage or helping in the cleanliness of the country.
- The PM advertised a lot about the mission so that everyone around the country can do their bit in the cleanliness of the country.
- Various ministers and govt. Officials did their bit to improve the cleanliness of the country and looking at them; people got motivated too.
These were a few reasons due to which Clean India mission helped India to get cleaner.
Who Is Contributing to Clean India Mission
There are lots of people contributing to this great mission, and a few of them are here below:
- The famous Bollywood celebrities like Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar, Shahrukh Khan, and various others contributed to this mission.
- A lot of cricketers like Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, etc. also participated in this mission.
- Lots of ministers and govt. Officials are contributing in this great mission.
- Most importantly, the common people are contributing very much due to which we can see improvement in the country.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan or the clean India mission did some great job due to which the towns or cities which never got cleaned are full of greenery now. And moreover, the villages or places where toilets were not available are full of public toilets. The country is getting improved, and it is very visible, it is our responsibility to contribute in this great cause and do our bit for the cleanliness of the country.