Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar – Essay 1.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar or Dr. B. R. Ambedkar is one of the most famous human beings in India. He was a great economist, jurist and social worker who worked for the Dalit Buddhist movement and made lots of efforts to get Dalits the facilities that they deserved. The original name of Dr. Ambedkar was Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, due to his work towards the backward people of India he started getting known as Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar.
Babasaheb Ambedkar got born on 14th April 1891 in Bhiwa Madhya Pradesh. He was one of the few persons who got educated at the time when getting educated was not treated in a good manner. He had lots of professions as he worked as an economist, jurist, social reformer, human rights activist, philosopher, anthropologist, a politician, and a freedom fighter. He did some great deeds in his life that are why people of India celebrate his birthday 14th April with great joy and happiness.
His Contribution To India’s Progress
He worked as a freedom fighter and helped Indians in lots of other ways. Here is how:
- He drafted the constitution of India which got built on 26th January 1950. In the constitution, he abolished untouchability and wrote lots of laws which could help lower caste people to have equal rights in Independent India.
- He was a great economist, and it can get determined from the fact that he showed his plans to Hilton Young mission due to which Reserve bank of India existed.
- In 1932 B.R. Ambedkar stood in favor of depressed Hindu castes due to which they got 148 seats in legislature previously there were 71 seats only.
- He improved the way people dealt with people of low castes, and it is due to him only that lower castes can now proudly stand ahead of general castes in lots of areas.
- He acted as a great freedom fighter as well because he didn’t only fight against Britishers, but he also fought against the social evils that people of India were facing, and he tried to kill some of those social evils.
How He Is Helping India Even Today
There are certain points of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar which still get followed by the government of India, and thus he is helping Indian people:
- He made some laws in favor of lower castes according to which lower castes could study at a very less cost as compared to general caste people.
- He made some laws according to which a reserved quota of jobs would be there for lower caste people. So, if there are 100 government jobs, a certain number of jobs are fixed for reserved category people which include SC/ST/OBC, etc.
- Lower caste people get lots of scholarships as well due to which they feel that they are equivalent to General caste people.
B.R Ambedkar tried to help lower caste people by implementing reservation so that lower caste people can get equivalent to general caste people on those few years.
Importance of Babasaheb’s Achievements
There is huge importance of B. R. Ambedkar’s achievements, some of them are as below:
- Ambedkar played a huge role in building the constitution of India, and people of India are still following the same laws since its commencement on 26th Jan 1950.
- Ambedkar tried hard to improve the conditions of lower caste people.
- He was a great freedom fighter, and though his name was not very famous as a freedom fighter, there are some books, which tell about his achievements as a freedom fighter.
Dr. B.R Ambedkar was a great politician and jurist, but some of the laws that he made are opposed by people even now. There are a lot of films made on his life some of the most famous ones are Shudra: the rising, Bal Bhimrao, A journey of Samyak Buddha, Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar, etc. He gets loved by lower caste people for the good deeds that he did for the community, but a lot of people still hate him for his laws due to which General caste people aren’t getting the equality that they deserve.
Short Essay on Dr. B R Ambedkar – Essay 2
Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar also called as B. R. Ambedkar or Balasaheb Ambedkar, was an Indian social reformer, politician and economist. He was a successful scholar and also a powerful social activist who worked a lot for the upliftment of the underprivileged in the Indian population, particularly related to the Caste System dynamics in Indian society. In his memory, Ambedkar Jayanti [birth anniversary] is celebrated as a festival on 14 April, all over the world.
Childhood and education
B R Ambedkar was born in pre-independence India, in 1891, in the state of Madhya Pradesh. He was born in a lower caste family, and was treated according to the then prevalent Caste System in India. He had to face severe hardships as a lower caste child in his early school years and later College years at Mumbai. Later, on a Scholarship Program, he relocated to the United States of America for post-graduate studies at the University of Columbia. He also gained another Doctorate in Economics from the London School of Economics.
The later part of his life he dedicated to the social reforms and upliftment of the underprivileged sections of Indian lower caste populations.
Constitution of India
Ambedkar was elected the first Law Minister and the Chairman of the Constitution Drafting Committee of Independent India. As a consequence, he is considered the Chief Architect of the Constitution of India, which describes the structure, definition and powers of the government; and also the powers and duties of the People of India. The Preamble is an introductory part of the Constitution. It clearly describes the aspirations of the people of Independent India. It is also a declaration stating that the Source of Authority rests with the People of India.
Dr. B R Ambedkar is an inspiration to the entire Indian population.
Last Updated: February 20, 2019.