Indians got freedom on 15th August 1947, and people of India had to do a lot of struggle to achieve this freedom.
Indian freedom struggle is a great story, and people should recite it to every individual to make every Indian proud of the struggle that people did for the independence of India.
The new generation doesn’t know the struggle that Indians did for the freedom that they got. A detailed discussion on the above topic is here below.
Meaning of The Struggle
By struggle, we don’t mean the struggle of current days. The struggle of current days and the struggle of old days have a great difference. Nowadays struggle for people is having to wake up early or to study all night or to walk five km a day because of financial conditions etc. But the actual struggle was to stay foodless for days, people didn’t use to drink water for days, and there weren’t many vehicles available at that time, so people had to walk 100s of km to reach their destination. People had to fight with the Englishman to snatch the independence. One’s grandfather or a grandmother can tell him about what is a real struggle that people did before India’s independence.
Importance of The Struggle
- The freedom struggle has huge importance in the freedom of India because if the fighters were not there, the British government was not in a mood to leave India soon.
- There are a number of people which get remembered as freedom fighters, and they are called freedom fighters because they struggled to get India the independence that Indians were waiting for so long.
- People get motivated by listening to the struggle of various freedom fighters, so it is quite visible that a lot of freedom fighters’ stories motivate us even now, after years of their death.
Some of The Freedom Fighters
There were thousands of people who struggled for the freedom of India and here are a few of them.
- Mahatma Gandhi – Mahatma Gandhi or also known as the father of the nation was a key person responsible for the freedom of India. He was against violence, and he battled for the independence of India when Indians had lost all the hopes for independence.
- Jawahar Lal Nehru – Jawahar Lal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India and him along with his companions worked very hard for the Independence of India and also to bring peace to
- Subhash Chandra Bose – Subhash Chandra Bose’s way of contributing to India’s freedom struggle was different as he wasn’t against war. He asked for the blood of people, and in exchange, he promised to give them the independence. He had a huge hand in India’s freedom success.
- Bhagat Singh – Bhagat Singh is the most famous freedom fighter in India because he fought with the Britishers fearlessly and it was him who brought the change in the thinking of Indian people, and Indian people started visualizing about Indian freedom.
The Result of The Freedom Struggle
The result of freedom struggle is very clear, but still, we can make it clearer by the following points:
- Due to the freedom struggle, Indians got the freedom that they were looking for from past several years.
- Indians got separated into two nations India and Pakistan, and later on more sections of the land of India got done.
- Indian people became fearless, and it was very visible when Indian fought with China and India in wars.
- India got known as a developing country before Independence, but now India is getting developed day by day.
- The education system of India got developed where before Independence a very less number of Indians got educated, now the number has gone very up, and people are focusing on their education.
- The facilities which were never available for Indians before Independence are easily available for them.
Indian freedom struggle has not only played a huge part in India’s freedom, but it has also played a huge part in the freedom of Indian people from various social problems. A lot of problems which were there in the 1900s are not available now, and people do not believe in Sati Pratha or Jati Pratha or any other such social problems. People are getting educated; shopping malls are getting opened, new roads are getting constructed, trade centers are getting opened, and a lot of other developments are getting done for people of India. Indian struggle has helped India to gain a good name, and that is why India is becoming a supreme power in the world nowadays.