Yoga is one of the best exercises in the world and people around the world perform various Yoga exercises every day. A few years back, people didn’t even know about Yoga; however, in the current scenario, Yoga has become an essential way of exercising for a lot of people. The United Nations declared the 21st of June as International Yoga day, and it gets celebrated every year from its commencement in 2015.
Why It Is Celebrated
Yoga is a brilliant way to exercise and to make our various body parts active, and that is why it is commonly known as a remedy for lots of diseases and physical problems.
Internationally people didn’t know about Yoga much and to make people aware of this great way of exercise; United nations declared a special day for Yoga. Though some of the exercises of Yoga are quite difficult to perform but still the effects of these exercises are very good and provide lots of goodness to the bodies.
There are several ways by which the Yoga day gets celebrated and here are a few of those ways:
- In India, various ministers, government officials, and even the Prime Minister get together at a single place and perform various Yoga exercises to promote Yoga in the country and the world. To see the PM performing exercises, a lot of people gather in the ground and perform some exercises as well.
- Various societies and groups make strategies to encourage people to perform various Yoga exercises. It is quite visible that lots of parks and gardens are full of people during International Yoga day.
- Famous Yoga Guru Swami Ramdev, encourage a lot of people to perform Yoga exercises on this day and for encouraging people, he makes his plan to travel the country to motivate people.
- A lot of people after getting motivated, do various exercises on the terrace if their houses which is a great way to celebrate this amazing day.
How Yoga Got Famous in The World
Yoga is still not very much famous in the world, but still, it has gained a lot of popularity that it was a few years back. Here is how Yoga got famous in the world:
- A lot of celebrities perform various Yoga exercises and to encourage other people they uploaded their videos of doing Yoga and looking at them a lot of people got enco Some of these celebrities were Shilpa Shetty Kundra, Abhay Deol, etc.
- Swami Ramdev is known as the person who actually encouraged the entire country to wake up early in the morning and perform exercises. People used to wake up at 4 in the morning to look at him on TV and perform various exercises that he is performing. Moreover, a lot of people purchased tickets to watch him and, in this way, Yoga got very popular in the country.
- Various Indian fitness trainers have learned Yoga, and they teach Yoga to lots of their international clients as well. Looking at the results, a lot of international people showed their interest in Yoga, and that is how Yoga got popular in the world.
Some of The Famous Yoga Exercises
Here is a list of some very famous Yoga exercises performed by a lot of people in the world:
- Tadasana or also known as The Mountain pose is very useful for the spinal cord, back and an essential exercise to increase height.
- Uttanasana or also known as Standing forward fold pose is an exercise used to get relief from stress and anxiety. It also gives a great stretch to the shoulders.
- Trikonasana or the triangle pose is another very popular Yoga exercise used by pregnant women to reduce blood pressure and to improve the blood functioning in the body.
- Dhanurasana or Bow Pose is used by people to reduce weight and fat in the body. It strengthens the abdominal, ankles and thighs parts of our body.
- Surya Namaskar or the Sun Salutation is the exercise which is performed by everyone who performs Yogasanas. It helps in good sleep and getting relief from lower back pain and anxiety.
International yoga day is a good way to encourage people to perform various Yogasanas. People have acclaimed that by performing various exercises of Yoga, their medical problems also got vanished. In addition to it, by performing Yogasanas one can become stress and anxiety free. People recommend that people performing various lifting exercises should also perform some Yoga exercises to bring flexibility into their bodies. So, one should celebrate Yoga day to encourage a lot of other people.