The joint family is a great facility for any person because in a joint family you get to live with your parents as well as your Uncles and Aunts and your various cousins. Joint family acts as an advantage to a lot of people but also acts as a disadvantage for a lot of people. Still, a joint family has great importance in everyone’s life, and there are lots of effects of living in a joint family.
What Is A Joint Family
A joint family is a family where one gets to live with his cousins, uncles and aunts and various other people in addition to his parents and brother-sister.
Nowadays there are very fewer people who live in joint families because people feel that living in a joint family is always a disadvantage which is not true. Living in a joint family has some advantages as well which will get discussed below.
Importance of A Joint Family
People are not aware of the importance of living in a joint family and below points tells everyone about the importance of a joint family:
- Even when you are in your worst phase of life, you will have someone supporting you physically and emotionally every time.
- If you suffer from a disease, there would be a lot of people to take care of you, and you will never feel that you are left alone by anyone.
- Some of the joint families are so good that even when someone needs some financial support, they don’t hesitate to offer them the money that they had saved for themselves or their children.
- The entertainment level in a joint family cannot be matched anywhere else because a lot of people gather on holiday and discuss their lives and those specific moments are more entertaining than watching any movie or video.
- You always have moral support growing in your life because you have a feeling that there is always someone supporting you even when you fail in any venture of your life.
- In India, while getting married, many people want their daughters to get married to a guy who lives in a joint family so that their daughter can get more love than she was getting at her house.
These were a few important points on the importance of a joint family.
Effects of Living in A Joint Family
During childhood, children get to play with their various cousins so in this way they make their first friends inside their houses only and one can’t get into a bad society because they aren’t going outside their houses to play.
Some families where brothers get jealous from each other are not good families as there would always be some kind of argument in that family and one cannot have a worry-free life.
In families where your Uncle-Aunts or your cousins don’t care about you, then you don’t get the independence that you would like to have.
These were a few effects of living in a joint family.
IS Life Easy in A Joint Family
Life can be easy in a joint family, but it can become worse as well due to these few reasons:
- If the brothers, ladies or children are jealous of each other’s success, then the life in a joint family is not really good because one can get into an argument with anyone daily which affects the mental happiness of people.
- Life can be very easy when all the people living in the family are happy with each other’s success, and even everyone is contributing to each other’s success. In this way, no one can get jealous of anyone.
- If people living in a joint family are happy, then one cannot have problems like stress, depression, and anxiety, etc.
If we live in families with positive behavior, we will have their support in literally anything that we do in our life, and even if our parents don’t support us, we will have their support, and we can achieve lots of things.
Joint family has its own advantages and disadvantages; one cannot decide whether living in a joint family is advantageous or disadvantageous based on a few points.