Means of transport are the ways by which one sends stuff from point to the other. Fortunately, there are lots of means of transports available on earth due to which we can even transfer ourselves from one point to the other.
If we talk about only the Indian country, India also is blessed with lots of means of transports due to which low-grade people, as well as high grade, can travel to various points in the country.
What Are Means of Transport
Means of transport are the ways by which we can send stuff in our countries or even outside the countries. If the means of transportation were not there, one couldn’t have sent stuff easily on earth. We, humans, are fortunate that for our work purpose or leisure purpose, etc. there are several means of transportations available.
Various Means of Transport
These are the various ways of transportations:
- Road transport – The roads of various countries and states are interconnected, and we can use vehicles like motorcycles, cars, trucks, buses, etc. to move around by road transportations. Road transportations have lots of advantages like it saves your time, money and carries a good amount of stuff easily. However, the biggest disadvantage of road transport is that the maintenance cost of road transportations is very much.
- Railway transport – Railway is another good way of transportation because it is quite cheap and it can carry a lot of luggage and lots of passengers to various destinations easily.
- Water transport – A lot of cities, states, and countries get connected by water means, and we can travel to those places by ships and cruises. The cost of traveling by ships and cruises is quite high, and it takes a lot of time to reach a destination, but ships can carry a lot of loads as well.
- Air transport – Some of the countries do not connect with any of the above means, so one need to send the stuff by air means and to send the stuff by air means that the stuff will reach before time, but the only drawback will be the cost.
Importance of Means of Transport
Means of transportations are very important and here is how:
- By air, we can send luggage, and we can travel to various other countries with ease. A sole disadvantage of air transportation is that it costs much than a lot of other transportations.
- There are some states and cities where one cannot travel by road or by air. So, one need ships and cruises to send stuff to such places.
- When we want to reach our destination at a low cost and at a good time, we need road transportations.
- Pipeline transport cuts the cost and sends petroleum and other oils by pipeline transportations which is safer and most effective way of transportation in terms of oils and other petroleum.
- When people want a cost friendly way of transportation, then the best way of transportation is carrying the stuff either on animal powered vehicles. Or even one can travel to his destination by taking the stuff along with him which can reduce the cost very much.
- On mountains there aren’t several ways to get transported from one point to the other so, cable wires are the perfect way to send any material to someone sitting at another part of the mountain,
All the modes of transportations have their importance, and everything belongs to us which way of transportation we will use.
Some Other Ways of Transportation
- If we want oils and petroleums to get transferred to various places, we should use pipeline transportation rather than any other kind of transportation.
- There are animal powered transportations as well in which horses, donkeys or other animals pull various carts or luggage items.
- In mountain areas, people use cable transport to travel from one place to the other.
- In some areas, humans act like the mean of transportation because they take the stuff along with them by walking and running around in the fields. They take a lot of time to reach destinations, but it is the cheapest way of transportation.
All in all, the modes of transportations are a blessing for people to send some material from one place to other at low prices and less time. There are a number of transportations available, and one should choose according to his need. If someone wants to save time, he should send the material by air; If someone wants to save the cost, one should send the material by road. And one can also use various other modes of transportations according to his need.