There are lots of seasons in India due to which the land of India is very fertilized as compared to lots of other countries.
The most important season among all is Monsoon season which comes around June to August month in India. It is also known as the wet season because, during this period, there is a lot of rain in the entire country.
What Is Monsoon Season
Monsoon is a season which we get to see between summer and winter. In India, Monsoon season starts on 1st of June when raining seasons start in Kerala. The winds of Monsoon travel from South to North, and that is why it reaches Punjab and Jammu Kashmir during its end. Though Monsoon sometimes becomes very devastating and destroy lots of buildings and houses, still the existence of Monsoons is very important for Indians to have a fertilized land.
Advantages of The Monsoon Season
There are lots of advantages of monsoon season:
- Monsoon is the season of rain, and this rain comes in the season when people literally die of the heat in India, and the monsoon rain acts as a blessing for them because it reduces the heat and the humidity for some time. Though after the rain the humidity increases, but for a while, the humidity level goes down due to the rain factor.
- While people feel that Monsoons can be scary, they need to figure out that if Monsoon rains don’t exist, the water level of various rivers and sea will never rise and after a few years people will start dying due to the scarcity of water.
- Due to the lack of water, there is a problem of the electricity at lots of places in India because India produces electricity with the help of water and if there weren’t Monsoon rain, there wouldn’t be enough water available in India to produce enough electricity.
- If people want their fields to have enough water, then they should pray to God for enough rains because rainwater is an essential part of growing various kinds of crops. Though the rain can destroy the fields as well, moderate level rains can produce the immense level of crops which will be helpful for farmers.
- When it rains very much usually in Monsoon seasons, various pulls fall, various roads get cracked, and a lot of trees fall on the roads. Moreover, a lot of pits get made, and all those pits get filled with water, if your government assures you that it will get rid of all these problems, you can question its assurance if any of these problems exist in future.
Disadvantages Of The Monsoon
With lots of advantages there are lots of disadvantages of Monsoon season as well:
- Monsoon rain becomes the reason of floods in various states. A few years ago, Uttarakhand became the victim of floods due to heavy rains, this year Kerala got flooded due to heavy rains, and Nagaland also got flooded this year. Due to the floods, the condition of both the states has become so worse that a lot of people went homeless and people craved for food. The whole nation combined to help them and then only Kerala’s condition could get better.
- The crops of various farmers get destroyed due to heavy rains and lots of farmers after getting disappointed with the happening, commit suicide. One can find out that a lot of suicides take place during this season every year.
It is also quite noticeable that if the monsoon rains are not there, some of the regions become so hot and humid that people start getting expired due to the hotness in the region.
Overall, Monsoon rains can be beneficial to people of India only if there is a moderate amount of rain in every part of the country. If any region gets more rain than the others, then it may get flooded, which can never be useful for any state. So, Monsoon rains are enjoyable, but rains should be in a moderate amount so that one can enjoy as well and can have lots of benefits of Monsoon rains as well.