The midday meal is a great scheme launched by the government in 1995 according to which free meals get served to students of government schools, government-aided schools, and various other education centers.
These meals get served in a proper manner and hygiene of the food is also given a good priority. The mid-day meal scheme is covered various food acts of India including the national food security act, 2013.
Here are a few important points about the mid-day meals:
- The motive of the Mid-day meal was to provide a dense nutrition lunch to all the students studying in Government schools. The initiative took place looking at the poor diet of a few students, and according to the parents of those students, they didn’t have enough money to provide the best
- Midday meal scheme is helping a lot of students all over the country to intake some protein and other nutrients to stay healthy. Most of the midday meals get managed in such a way that meals should have 12 gm protein and 300 calories in it for students.
- The mid day meal costs get shared by the central as well as the state governments. This cost includes buying the grains and other food items as well as hiring people to prepare those meals and buying gas cylinders and stoves to prepare those meals as well.
- The government has given the contract to a third party for preparing as well as serving the mid-day meals to the students, and the third party makes sure that food gets cooked in the way that it has the desired nutrition value in it.
- Many international organizations have helped in making mid day meals scheme the biggest scheme in the world. For example, a lot of people around the world offer their donations for buying various items, etc. and due to all these efforts by people all over the world, Mid day meal scheme is currently the biggest scheme in the world.
These were a few important points on the mid-day meal scheme. A lot of students around the country rely on mid-day meal for the best nutritive meal of their day, and that is why Government focuses on providing the best and hygienic meals as mid-day meals.