Republic day is one of the most celebrated holidays in India as on this day in 1950, India’s constitution came into existence.
It is a gazetted holiday in every part of the country, and various ceremonies get arranged by a lot of political and private parties at various places.
Republic day celebration in schools of various cities is very popular and here is how the republic day gets celebrated in a school:
- Every student of the school is asked to prepare for a republic day parade, and all the students give auditions to get selected as the cadets to perform republic day parade. Only the best among all is selected and sent to further rehearsals of the parade.
- All the students are asked to come in their uniforms and attend the republic day parade which gets organized in the famous playground in the city.
- A special guest is invited to hoist the Indian National Flag, and most of the times this special guest belongs to any political party. The special guest gives a speech on how the nation is getting developed day by day and how his party and he himself has worked for the betterment of India and Indian people and soon after that, the flag hoisting ceremony takes place.
- Afterward, the students who have prepared various kinds of dance or singing performances, show their talent to the audience and people sitting in the audience enjoy to their fullest. In some cities, various cultural events are getting organized where students act like they belong to various cultural groups of the country and entertain their audience.
- Post that, the republic day parade gets started where the selected children from various schools of the city participate and act like they are the soldiers of the country and perform a parade as the real soldiers perform on various borders of the country.
All these processes happen on 26th and 15th August every year when the students are asked to attend flag hoisting ceremonies on gazetted holidays and for compensation, they are given a holiday on the next day. So this was everything about republic day celebration in schools.