Sachin Tendulkar – Short Essay 1.
If one is living in India and he is saying that he doesn’t know about Sachin Tendulkar, then he is surely lying.
Sachin Tendulkar gets treated like a God in this country, and there would rarely be a person in this entire country who is not the fan of his classic batting.
The man has achieved a lot of records in the cricket ground, and we have a list about a few of those records which we feel were his best and may never get broken by anyone.
- Sachin Tendulkar is the only person in this entire world to score hundred International centuries in International cricket. The Master Blaster began his career in 1989 and retired from all forms of international cricket in 2013. He served his country for 24 long years and not even a single moment in these 24 years; a cricket fan wanted Sachin Tendulkar to get out of the Indian team.
- Sachin Tendulkar has scored more runs than anyone in International cricket. In ODIs, he has scored 18426 runs, and in Tests, he has scored 15921 runs which combine to make 34357 runs in his International career. No other batsman in the world is close to him, and that can we all can see from the fact that the batsman at no.2 in all-time run-getters is 6000 runs behind of Sachin Tendulkar.
- Sachin Tendulkar achieved his dream of winning a cricket world cup for his country, and he did in the year 2011 where he scored 482 runs, and he was the second highest run-getter of the world cup after Sri Lanka’s Tillakaratne
- Sachin Tendulkar earned a lot of ICC awards as well as Wisden cricketer of the year awards during his lifetime, and we all can see that a lot of youngsters like Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni, started playing cricket due to him only.
- He has the greatest number of runs and the greatest number of centuries in ICC world cups, e., 2278 and six respectively and like various other records, this record also is still unbroken.
These were a few records of the greatest batsman of all time Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin is enjoying his post-retirement life, and a lot of people watches him sharing his skills with many youngsters nowadays.
By Aparna (2018)
Sachin Tendulkar – Long Essay 2.
Sachin Tendulkar is an international cricket player who hails from India. Although he no longer plays the sport, he made some great achievements that enabled him to be remembered even years after retiring. Sachin was termed as the highest run scorer that there ever was in international cricket.
Sachin was born on the 24th of April in the year 1973. He was born at Nirmal Nursing Home in the region of Dadar in Bombay. Sachin’s father was called Ramesh Tendulkar. His mother is Rajni Tendulkar.
When he was young, he showed a huge interest in the sport of tennis. Later, Sachin was introduced into Cricket at the age of eleven years in 1984. He was first introduced to a famous cricket coach and to a cricket player. However, he did not play well initially but he later mastered the sport with time.
When the coach that Sachin was introduced to gave him a second chance to play the game without being watched, Sachin played very well. The coach, Ramakant Achrekar, was pleased with the talent that Sachin demonstrated and he was transferred to Sharadashram Vidyamandir High School that had a very strong cricket team. While at the school, he got a lot of praises that he would become a very great cricket player. Apart from playing cricket for his school team, he also played for the John Bright Cricket Club and later played for the cricket club of India. In 1987, Sachin was selected to represent Bombay in the Ranji trophy but he did not get to be among the final eleven in the tournament. At the age of 15, he played against Gujarat and it was on the match that he became selected as the youngest Indian player to score a century while playing first class cricket. After this, he continued leading his team to victory in various matches and in 1998, he was able to score his first double century while playing against Australia. He later progressed to play for other countries and gained international recognition.
Major Career Achievements
Sachin has been considered to the best cricket player of all time. Some of the career achievements that he has had to make him earn this title include;
- Sachin is considered to be the leading run scorer. When it comes to the tests he achieved 15921 runs and in the one-day internationals, he achieved 18426 runs.
- Another achievement is that he is the only player that has ever achieved over 30000 runs when it comes to international cricket.
- Sachin is also the first Indian player that has scored a total of 50000 runs in both domestic and international cricket.
- Sachin is the first player to ever score fifty centuries when it comes to test cricket and also the first and only player to score fifty centuries in international cricket.
- During the 1996 cricket world cup, Sachin emerged as the highest run scorer with 523 runs.
- In the 2003 cricket world cup, sachin was also named as the highest run scorer with 673 runs.
- In the 2011 cricket world cup, he also made an achievement as the first player to hit the highest number of centuries with him hitting six centuries and achieving 2000 runs.
Sachin who has been termed as the greatest cricket player of all time is also the player that has achieved the highest number of centuries. He has achieved 51 centuries in test matches and also 49 centuries in One day International matches. He is the first player to score 100 international centuries.
Highest score made by Sachin
In the year 2004, Sachin achieved his highest test score when he played against Bangladesh. He achieved a score of 248 not out during this match that was held in Bangabandhu National Stadium in Dhaka.
Awards and Recognitions
Sachin won very many awards during his career. However, some of the most notable ones include;
- His first award was the Ajuna award in 1994 that was given to him by the government of India to recognize his great strides in sports.
- In 1997, he won the Wisden Cricketer of the year award.
- In the year 1999, he won the Padma Shri award which is the fourth highest civilian award in India.
- In 2001, he won the Maharashtra Bhushan award which is the highest civilian award in the state of Maharashtra.
- In 2003 cricket world cup, he won the player of the tournament award.
- In 2008 and 2014, he won the Padma Vibhushan award and the Bharat Ratna awards respectively which are the second highest and the highest civilian awards in India respectively.
- In 2010, he achieved the people’s choice of the year award in the Asian awards held in London.
- In 2010, he also won the LG people’s choice award.
- In 2013, a stamp of sachin was released by the Indian postal service which earned him the recognition of being the second one to have such a stamp after Mother Theresa.
- In 2017, sachin won the Asian fellowship award during the seventh Asian awards.
Inspiration for young generation
Sachin has been an inspiration to the young generation. This is not only to those that aspire to play cricket but to all the young people. His achievements are a thing that every young person should learn from to ensure that they achieve success in their endeavors. Sachin was able to break a record that no other person in his country had been able to break hence inspiring people that everything is possible with resilience.
Sachin was a player that really set the record high for other cricket players. He will not only be remembered due to the strides that he made in his career as a cricket player but also due to the inspiration that he gave to the younger generations.
By Mary (2019)
Last Updated: June 20, 2019.