In India, there is a phrase which works the best because people from various castes, culture, tradition, communities, religions, etc. can stay together under one roof. Unity in diversity is the phrase that suits perfectly for Indian people. Unity is very important for people of any country, and the government of every country wants their countrymen to get united for every noble cause in the country.
In India, there is Unity in diversity i.e, oneness in spite of all the differences. They understand each other’s feelings, beliefs, cultural differences, and religious beliefs and rituals. Apart from understanding, they respect them too. That is why there is unity amongst the people of the country in spite of social, linguistic, physical, political, religious, ideological, psychological and regional differences. The citizens of India are first Indian by heart above everything else.
Importance of unity in diversity in the nation:
- Unity amid diversity helps to boost the morale of people in the organizations, workplace as well as the community.
- It helps to enhance relationships, esprit de corps, teamwork, and togetherness that can improve the quality of work, productivity, performance as well as lifestyle.
- Even in a bad situation, it improves communication.
- It helps to keep away social problems and helps to manage conflicts and solve them easily.
- It improves and promotes healthy relations among people and protects the fundamental rights of the people of India.
- It also serves as a means to improve tourism in the country. People of diverse cultures, cuisines, religions, traditions, and clothing live here, and this attracts many tourists and visitors from different parts of the world.
- It leads to a feeling of national integration amongst the citizens in spite of all the diversities.
- It shows our traditions and values and strengthens the rich cultural heritage of the country.
- It also leads to the economic growth of the citizens of the country.
- It brings people together for national movements against social evils and progress of the nation.
- It helps the nation to progress together in a positive direction.
Key facts about diversity in India:
- People: India is the largest democracy in the world and has the second largest population in the world. 69% of people live in villages while the rest live in urban areas. There are numerous languages spoken in India.
- Geographical: This is the seventh largest country in the world and covers an area of 3.2 million square km. Different landforms and regions are having different climatic conditions, vegetation, etc. in India.
- History: it is the oldest and influential civilizations with a rich culture and traditions as well as different empires. India is the home to a rich cultural and historical past.
- Government: India is a socialist, sovereign, democratic, secular and democratic republic having a federal structure. The state governments are having regional leaders but are controlled by the central government.
- Environment: The topography of the nation is diverse, and there are numerous species present in this country. Around 8-9% species of the world’s fauna and flora are found in this nation. There are beautiful lakes and long stretched rivers too. There are huge snow clad mountains and valleys too.
In India, people from various castes and creeds work together, stay together and play together to perform various duties everyday. The unity in diversity of India adds to its beauty. It is also responsible for its strength. Many different rulers have tried to divide the people of India, but they are still united against all the odds. Remember it is easier to break a finger but not a hand. Together we are strong and can achieve a lot.
Last edited on Feb 12, 2019.