We all know that the entire world has turned into a digital world now as there is merely a person who doesn’t carry a mobile phone or any other digital device. Before all these digital devices, the most significant invention in technology took place, and it was the invention of computers. Since the invention of computers, they have become part and parcel of our life, and there are rarely any parts of our lives where the computer doesn’t have its importance. It is very much because today we can’t survive in this world if we don’t know the computer.
A computer is a machine that uses coding to process data very fast and accurately to generate results. Education is the learning that a person goes through to learn a new skill.
Computer education is the training that a person goes through to equip himself with the skills required to operate a computer. The computer is a very convenient resource in education as we will see below.
The Importance of Computer in Education
- Most of the tasks in this world get accomplished with the help of computers only and computers are used in literally every field.
- We, people, use various social media websites and applications daily and if we research about different computer related subjects and programming, etc. we may get able to build one of the sites in the future.
- Knowing computers means that we can get a job in literally any field because employers nowadays have a condition that the employee should have knowledge of computers and thus you will get the priority for the job. That includes securing employment abroad.
- Since a lot of the information has become digital, it is a useful skill for any person to have. Hence having computers in education is a necessary part of the education.
- Computers make work very easy. Ease in computing, writing, and working with all kinds of data becomes really simple and easy. Computers in education make learning easy.
- Computers can store a lot of information in their memory. All this information can be accessed at will at any time. A lot of educational resources can be stored in one place and easily accessed.
- Knowing computer means one can become self-employed because hundreds of online websites offer work from home jobs to individuals who know about computers.
- If one has a good knowledge of computer software and other essentials, it is quite possible that he may become Boss’ favorite and get the promotion earlier than expected.
- Students often need to need to work on projects that they then present in front of the class. Computers make it easy for them to make effective and attractive presentations,
- There are numerous educational resources available on the internet which can be accessed on a computer. In a class, a computer becomes a valuable addition to make these resources available to the students.
- Computers can present data in many attractive ways. Audiovisual resources enhance learning. This is easily achieved by using computers. For younger children, rhymes and beautiful pictures make learning fun.
- Computers are an effective way to organize information. For a teacher to have all information regarding the students and subjects etc. is beneficial. Also, for slightly bigger children to have all their work properly organized and categorized by subjects and in folders is useful.
- Distance teaching is increasingly becoming popular. In such cases, communication is an important Computers facilitate this. Also when the child has to stay away from school, the communication between the teacher and the student can continue, and the child can catch up on much of the missed work.
- Students have a lot of books these days. Carrying them to the school and fro might be too much for their backs. Instead of having all the work on a computer will eliminate the burden of the books.
- As the world moves towards environmental friendly options, computers facilitate the use of less paper is a good move. As work and communication move from the books to computers, notebooks can be done away with.
The above points show the importance of computer in education because if computers are not part of it, you may not get your desired job. You may not have the knowledge which people around you might have, and most importantly, you will not know how to use various new social media websites. When it comes to education, computers take the students towards a futuristic approach when used in education. The entire process of learning becomes much more fun and exciting because of the different tools and programs that a computer typically has.