Undoubtedly, the importance of water in our life is undebatable. We all know that our life is entirely dependent on water and if we don’t get good enough water supply, we will have to go through lots of problems daily.
Water is a resource that we use in literally everything we eat or drink. Preparation of literally every food requires water, various other departments in our lives require a good amount of water. Even our body needs water as fuel to get energized. All the living things require water in some form or other. Life itself exists on this planet because of the existence of water among other life essential things.
What is water? Water itself is a combination of molecules of Hydrogen and Oxygen. Water by itself refers to the fluid form that is the most commonly available and required. Potable water is needed for human consumption that is for drinking and cooking etc. Although the earth’s surface is made up of around 80% water, all of it not fit for consumption; hence the necessity to conserve potable water arises. Water is the essence of life. Water is the most important substance that is given to us by nature.
The following are more reasons why water is important in our lives.
The Importance of Water in Our Life
- All living beings need water for drinking. Especially in human beings and animals, life is sustained by the intake of water that hydrates all the cells as well as organs of the body.
- Water is also required by plants to grow. Agriculture is wholly dependent on the availability of water. If the area is not sufficiently rain fed, artificial means for irrigation have to be established.
- All the bodily fluids are kept in order by the right amount of water intake. In fact, the functioning of the organs is also controlled by a good intake of water in the body.
- Every house, every restaurant, and every hotel require some water to cook various dishes because there are very fewer dishes available where the use of water is not needed. If not for actual cooking, water is needed to wash ingredients. Apart from that water helps in making dough, boiling, steaming and making gravies among other things.
- Our body needs at least 8-10 glasses of daily water intake for a healthy lifestyle, and if we don’t consume enough water for a few days, our body will don’t get enough fuel for a healthy lifestyle.
- Everyone uses water for cleaning themselves as well as their surroundings. A bath requires water, as does brushing teeth, mopping and cleaning utensils and clothes.
- Water bodies like rivers, lakes, etc. are part of the geography of a region and add to the scenic beauty of the place. They are often an attraction for the tourists for activities like scuba diving, canoeing, rafting, etc.
- Aquatic life exists solely on Water. The entire ecology has evolved round water, g., the skin of the creatures are adapted at absorbing the essential life oxygen through the water.
- All the bodybuilders know the actual importance of water because they need a good amount of water at some times during their bulking season and in their shredding season, they don’t consume any water at all.
- The water cycle is essential for a good environment, and if the water cycle doesn’t work well, we can’t get a good atmosphere to live in.
- Water has been recognized as a cooling agent. Air passing through streams of water gets cooled. Fountains and air coolers use this principle for Cooling in hot temperatures.
- Water is an important channel for transport. In the past when civil aviation wasn’t in existence, transport by ship was the mainstay of connection between continents. Even now, Water transport in the form of ferries, ships, and boats in common in many places.
- Hydro Power plants are very important sources of energy, especially when the world is looking for alternative sources to thermal power. The water running falling at high speed works turbine rotors to generate electricity. High storage and high volumes of water are needed for this.
The amount of water on earth is getting reduced day by day, and as a human being, it is our kind duty to make various efforts to save water. Evidently, water is essential, and every effort must be made to spread awareness about the conservation of water. The water bodies are being contaminated by environmental pollution and by factories pouring effluents in them. Life cannot survive on earth without water, and most of the water on the earth’s surface is saline and unfit for direct consumption. Hence the non-saline water bodies must be kept free of any kind of pollution.