Butterflies are one of the most beautiful insects in the world. It is a creature with colorful wings, and it is an insect which can fly easily. The number of butterflies in the world is getting reduced day by day due to the radiations emitted by mobile phones and other smart gadgets.
What is a butterfly? – Meaning
Butterflies like other insects have the three main parts of the body – Head, Thorax, and Abdomen.
The head of the butterfly has a pair of compound eyes and a pair of feelers or antennae. The pair of teeth it had as a caterpillar transforms into thin tube-like structures called proboscis to suck nectar from the flowers. The thorax has three pairs of legs and two pairs of wings.
The wings of the butterfly are usually much larger than the body. Adorned with beautiful patterns and colors, they are the most significant point of attraction in a butterfly.
- Butterflies are the agents for pollination. Although they cannot take as much pollen as bees, they take them farther. Also, some butterflies are known to be flower specific. They will keep going to the same variety of flowers.
- Many butterflies are known to have migratory behavior. They travel, like birds over landmasses, over lifespans, to other countries.
- Interestingly, some butterflies are also known to be
- These days it’s common to find butterfly parks or even special pavilions within zoos for butterflies.
- Butterflies play a huge role in the development of various crops and if butterflies wouldn’t exist, nor there will be those crops.
- Butterflies are a part of the ecosystem and a food source for lots of other insects and animals, and if they do not exist, the ecosystem will get disturbed.
- Butterflies act as an inspiration to lots of artists, painters, etc. and if they wouldn’t exist, it will be a great loss to artists.
- Medical students get to learn about an insect’s body parts looking at the body parts of a butterfly only.
- Butterflies are called the most beautiful insect in the world, and that is why to save the beauty we need to make some efforts.
Butterflies seem like such ethereal creatures, and for children, they come so close to the description of fairies that it is only natural that they are looked at with such awe and admiration.