Digital India – Short Essay 1
Digital India was a scheme run by the Government of India under which aims at making every government service to be available to Indians electronically.
Importance of Digitization
Your personal and social life has been raised to a new level of comfort and easiness. You can do your daily shopping for groceries, clothes and household goods from your Computer, Laptop or even your Mobile phone, from the comfort of your home.
You can access and connect with all your friends and family, across the world, via the Digital Online Media.
Digitization has offered many opportunities for previously impossible growth for all Businesses. Every business, small or big can today have an online presence. On the one hand, Business in Digital India can attract a wider Target Market for their goods and services. On the other hand, Businesses can also collaborate with Partners from across the world, by using the Technological facilities available in today’s Digital India.
The Medical Field has seen a complete transformation. The diagnosis and treatment of diseases have become very easy, and Medical Information can be shared between Doctors and Patients via Digital Online Media.
How Digital India works in India
- The campaign got launched on 1st July 2015, and the motive of the campaign was to empower the Indians to use government services electronically. Because before it, people have to visit banks and stand in queues to pay money or even to know about their balances, but due to digitization, even illiterate people have started using banking apps and getting all the benefits.
- Applications like Paytm, Phonepe, Bhim, etc. have reduced the use of physical currency as people try to pay for their bills using one of these apps.
- With the help of digitization, one doesn’t even need a bank account; one can open his Paytm account or other such accounts by which he can add or withdraw money from it very safely and conveniently without standing in queues.
Digital India’ has seen a huge change in the Quality of Life of the Indian Population. All people who can afford a Computer, a Laptop, a Mobile Phone, and Internet, are participating in this revolution.
Digital India – Short Essay 2
India like many countries of the world, has taken its place on the global map of technological development. A large part of the technological development is related to the digitalization of the country’s infrastructure and related functions.
This involves a combination of multiple technological developments. The first is the widespread access to fast speed internet connections across many cities, towns and villages of India. The second is the access to information technology related developments. This includes the access to information via various search engines and online platforms. The third is telecommunications developments. With access to mobile phones and tablets, all the technological developments are available in the hands of a large majority of the Indian population today. This is the effective reality of the digitalization of India.
Impact of Cashless India / Digital India
Digital India has had its impact on various aspects of the Indian population.
- In Digital India, all banking processes have been transferred online. So you don’t have to go the bank for accessing your accounts anymore. You can access them from your laptop via online portals, from the comfort of your homes and offices.
- In Digital India, all the major shopping options have their own online portals. So you can do your groceries shopping, clothes shopping, electronics shopping, etc. via online portals. They can be delivered to your home. You don’t have to wait in long queues and lot of time and energy in the daily routine can be saved which can be used in more productive activities.
- In Digital India, all your utility bills, other bills can be paid online. So you don’t have to visit the Electricity department, the Water department, the Gas department, etc. anymore. You can just access their online portals and make direct online money transfers to pay the monthly bills. This is also a huge saving in terms of time and energy for everyone.
- In Digital India, you can make all your travel arrangements online. This includes your daily commute for work or long vacation travels too. You can make your taxi bookings, flight bookings and hotel bookings, all online.
Digitalization has made life simpler and easier in India.
Last updated: February 20, 2019.