Disaster management in India or any other country is the procedure of protecting the people and property during any disaster at any place. Various organizations all around the world have made certain plans to participate in disaster management if in case their state or country suffers from any kinds of disaster.
Disaster management is very important because nature can be very brutal sometimes and it depends upon the people of the country as to how they deal with any kind of disasters.
And disaster management should be so good that the place that went through a disaster should not only look like before, but it should better than ever before.
Apex Body of disaster management in India
Every country has an apex body of disaster management which is very important because, during any disaster, the country requires a team immediately to take control of the disaster management. Indian country also has an apex body of disaster management named as NDMA, i.e., National Disaster management authority. The team does some great tasks to make sure that even if a place suffers a disaster, it should get back to normal as early as possible. Here are some tasks that the national disaster management authority of India does:
- The authority makes sure that it contacts with any government or nongovernment organization near to the place suffering from any disaster immediately so that a relief team could reach there Afterward, NDMA sends a proper team which gets trained for problems like any kind of natural disaster and thus that team helps the people to get rid of any kinds of problem.
- NDMA makes sure that the news of the disaster has reached to all the ears in the country to make sure that people could contribute to helping the victims in every way possible.
- The NDMA team has been allotted a budget to help the people in case of any disastrous situation. So, food items, water supply, and various other essential items get provided by the NDMA team.
Types of Disaster Management
There are various kinds of disaster management and here are a few of them:
- Geophysical disaster management which includes management during earthquakes, landslides, volcanic activities, Tsunamis, etc.
- Hydrological disaster management which includes management during Avalanches and floods etc.
- Meteorological disaster management which includes management during cyclones, storms, etc.
- Climatological disaster management which includes management during extreme temperature, drought, etc.
- Biological disaster management which includes management during animal plagues etc.
- Management during environmental degradation, pollution and accidents etc.
There are a lot of other kinds of disaster management done by government and nongovernment organizations in India.
Stages / Phases of Disaster Management
There are four phases of disaster management which are as followed:
- In the first process, the government organization and apex body of disaster management make sure that the buildings and the surfaces, etc. get built in such a way that in case if the place suffers a disaster, it shouldn’t face a lot of issues.
- In the second process, the organizations should educate the people of the place in such a way that people should be Eveready for a disaster and just in case if there is any, people should be so prepared that it shouldn’t affect them much.
- Responding to any disastrous situation is the third process because responding to any tough situation is what actually reveals that how ready everyone was to face the disaster.
- Recovery is the last process in which people or organizations combine to make sure that the place suffering from any disaster should get recovered as soon as possible.
Disaster management is very important for any country or any place for instance because nature or humans can be really cruel sometimes and if there isn’t any disaster management technique available at that time, then the place can get ruined in few moments, and people wouldn’t even get to know what happened to the place. Disaster management in India is still getting improved, and we can only hope that it reaches to the point that any disaster shouldn’t affect the lifestyle of any human being or it shouldn’t even affect the infrastructure of any place. NDMA is getting a good response from people all over the country that is why in case any disaster happens, they are helping the place for a great recovery. We can’t expect when a disaster will take place, but what we can do is, that we should keep ourselves so ready for everything that any kind of disasters should not affect any human being.