City life refers to the kind of living conditions and lifestyles that people in the urban centers have while country life can be referred to as the lifestyle of people who live in the rural areas.
There are various pros and cons of both city life and country life. Whichever one prefers is dependent on factors like employment, lifestyle preferences and other situations.
Part 1: Superiority of city life over country life
- City life is better than country life in terms of access to shopping facilities. Unlike in the country where shopping centers are located far away, in the city shopping centers are located almost everywhere.
- In the city, there is access to better means of transport as compared to the country.
- More jobs are available in the city as compared to the country. This is as a result of high levels of industrialization in the city.
- City life is also business-friendly as compared to country life. The chances of a business succeeding in the city is high than in the country.
- There is more cultural integration in the city as compared to the country. This is due to the large number of people coming from different regions.
- More health facilities are located in the city as compared to the country. Major hospitals and prominent doctors are found in the city.
- When it comes to educational facilities, it is easier to access better high quality education in the city than in the country.
- There are more entertainment joints and amusement centers in the city. This comes in handy for people who enjoy being entertained.
- Technological advancements are more popular in the city. This may include new generation phones and other technological devices.
- When one lives in the city, they get more access to electricity as compared to those living in the country. This is due to advanced infrastructure.
Part 2: Superiority of country life over city life
- When one lives in the country, they are able to get fresh and cleaner agricultural products. This is because a large percentage of farm products come from the country.
- Those who live in the country tend to enjoy higher levels of security than those living in the city. This is due to low crime rate in the country.
- There are low levels of air pollution in the country as compared to the city. This is due to low levels of industrialization.
- Those living in the country also enjoy a calm and peaceful environment. This is due to the low levels of noise pollution in the country.
- There is also no traffic jam in the country as is the norm in the city. This ensures that people get to wherever they are going more quickly.
- Garbage disposal in the country does not lead to environmental pollution as is the case in the city. This is due to better recycling methods where garbage can be used for farming purposes.
- There is low population in the country as compared to the city. This contributes to more serene environments and more space.
- There is less immorality in the country as compared to the city. Levels of prostitution and drug abuse are less in the country.
- It is easier to acquire a job in the country as compared to the city. This is due to agricultural jobs and less competition among job seekers.
- Housing in the country is cheaper as compared to the city. This is due to availability of land and low population.
There are many advantages of living in the city as there are of living in the country. There are also disadvantages of the two that may make life for those who live there difficult. Choosing between the two may be hard and therefore one should choose the kind of life that is most suitable and more convenient for them.