People all around the world like to visit various places throughout the year and if a person likes to stay at his house rather than going for a trip somewhere, he must be the most boring person in the world.
Nowadays all the leisure places are not really worth watching as they are full of pollution and an unexpected gathering of the crowd and people feel lots of other problems while visiting any leisure place. That is why; intellectual people have started paying visits to historical places these days.
Talking about intellectual places, I paid a visit to a historical place a few days ago. It was a fort in Amritsar known as Gobindgarh fort.
Here is what I liked the most about the Gobindgarh fort:
Historical background of the fort – The fort got built in the year 1760 by the great Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Gujjar Singh, and it has some great memories attached to it including the wedding ceremony of the great Prince Naunihal Singh in 1837. The place was earlier under the custody of the army, but it got open for public on 10th February 2017. The place has some marvelous historical stuff inside which looks amazing. The fort initially got built to save the golden temple from foreign invaders because the fort is kind of situated on the Grand trunk road and invaders could use this road to attack on the holy temple. The fort had five cannons which also had two famous historical Zamzama cannons and lots of other tools and items which represent 17th and 18th century.
Overview of what should one expect from Gobindgarh fort – Currently the fort has been made a museum as lots of tourists from around the world gather here to watch the following attractions:
- Sher e Punjab – It is a 7D show which got inspired from the life of great Maharaja Ranjit Singh, and it takes you to a marvelous journey of the life in 19th
- Coin museum – The place also has a coin museum where a number of old coins are available.
- Warfare museum – The place also has a museum which was the Anglo Sikh bungalow in old times. The place has some creations which seem real but are of some material which makes them look real. The creations looks so real that one can’t identify whether they are real or not.
- Spirit of Punjab – Live performances of old Punjabi cultural dance and music gets represented throughout the day.
- The fort also has numerous places from where you can eat delicious Amritsari food items known as Amritsari Zaika.
- All the shopping lovers also have something very attractive at this place because one gets to see various clothing shops from where one can purchase cultural clothes.
- Kanda Boldiya – This is a show conducted post-sunset every day, and it cannot get described how beautiful this show is. It can only get stated that one wouldn’t watch a show like this pan India
Historical places other than Gobindgarh fort in Amritsar – Amritsar is a city which is full of historical places, and if you love to visit various historical places, then this is the city tailor-made for you.
- Wagah Border
- 12 gates of Amritsar
- The Golden temple
- The Ram Tirath temple
- The Jallianwala Bagh
- The Durgiana temple
The above were some amazingly constructed places with some great history involved with them.
Conclusion – Visiting Amritsar was one of my dreams, and fortunately it came true. It was never in my mind to visit Gobindgarh fort as people don’t even know about it yet, however, after paying a visit to it, I must say that it is the most beautiful and amazing place in Amritsar. One can have peace and have fun all together in one place.