Importance of Forests – Short Essay 1.
Forests were once the biggest cover upon the landmasses. Sadly this is changing very fast due to urbanisation.
Forests make a strong net of tree roots to hold the soil from being washed away.
Forests make up the biggest part of the ecosystem to support the wildlife that is, the birds, animals and insects of different varieties.
The wood from the forest provide for fuel to warm homes and cooking.
The trees in the forests absorb the carbon emission from the neighbouring urban centres, refreshing and returning fresh pure air.
A lot of trees and tree products have a high medicinal value and the forest hold many such trees in those particular geographical regions.
Wood for construction and furniture is obtained from forests.
A high level of deforestation takes place to supply wood for the paper industry.
Forests are a valuable natural relief and every effort must be made to maintained and grow them.
By Janhavi (2019)
Importance of Forests – Short Essay 2.
Forests are a major source of resources and that relief of nature that has the capacity to conserve natural life in its own rhythm.
A forest is an area which is thickly populated with trees and largely unvisited by human beings. For this reason the natural flora and fauna thrive here. Wildlife as we know it is found in the forests.
In popular fiction, forests are a scene of adventure or sometimes even crime because of their relative isolation from civilization. On earth a large part of the landmasses is covered by the forests. This has for some time been going down as man is destroying forests for his own needs. However the importance of conserving forests is being understood and the effort to re-establish the natural order and position of the forests is being reaffirmed.
- Forests are a part of the natural habitat of a place on which the entire ecosystem depends.
- The flora and fauna of the ecosystem are conserved as the forests are conserved.
- Forests maintain the quality of the neighbouring land by controlling the top soil from being washed away by rains.
- Many of our resources are obtained from the forests, mainly wood for construction, fuel and paper industry.
- Apart from this, trees are a source of many medicinal substances or ingredients for various uses.
- Wildlife that is shy of human habitation live in forests for their relative isolation from the human world.
- Forests provide the much needed greenery that can absorb the pollutants in the earth’s atmosphere.
- Since this place is so off boundaries for most humans, there is an air of fantasy about it. Again for the reasons of human absence, subject to folklore the ‘forest fairies’ and the ’forest folk’ find a safe residence in these deep, dark and dangerous places.
- Forests, especially the equatorial rain-forests are a heaven for biologists to study the millions of different species of plants available there.
Forests are bountiful and man must find ways to conserve and propagate nature in these areas by supporting afforestation.
By Janhavi (2018)
Importance of forests – Short Essay 3.
A forest is a large piece of land that has been set aside for the growing of trees. There are natural and artificial forests where the natural forests are those that are not planted by man but artificial forests are those that are planted by man. Forests are of utmost importance to man and the universe.
Importance of forests
Forests provide a habitat for various species. There are a lot of animals that live in forests and numerous plant species that depend on forest cover to grow..
Forest covers also help to reduce the levels of soil erosion. This is through the roots that hold the soil hence preventing it from being washed away by runway water.
Forests help to control climate change. This is because trees help to reduce the level of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere.
Forests also play an important role in the process of water cycle. This is where they release water vapor to the atmosphere which helps to form clouds that bring rain.
Forests also provide wood to various people. Wood is a source of fuel that people use to make fire that they use for various functions.
Forest covers help in providing us with enough oxygen that we need to breathe. This is because as trees take in carbon dioxide gas, they release oxygen gas that human beings and animals need.
Trees have many benefits that they provide to people. For this reason, it is important to take care of forests by avoiding deforestation and planting more trees to ensure that we do not miss out on the benefits.
By Mary (2019)
Last updated: July 1, 2019.