Importance of Discipline in Students’ Life – Short Essay 1.
Discipline is a streamlined system of rules set by oneself or one’s authorities. It means to make rules and to follow them in order to achieve some goals or as a part of the institution’s vision.
As a student, one is beginning to direct his life in a particular direction, usually that of success. This requires hard work and effort. This is also the beginning of training for what would be required throughout the better part of one’s life. Instead of letting life run amok and take you where it would, one tries to harness one’s mental and physical faculties to go in the chosen direction. This is the role of discipline.
1. Discipline is usually seen as a virtue in a person. A disciplined student or a person is also an ideal for the school or the organisation.
2. Discipline in daily life, such as waking up early and sleeping early, usually at the same time is considered an important part of discipline in training the body and getting enough sleep for developing their brain.
3. Having a daily bath and regular cleaning of teeth, ears, hair and other parts of the body is a part of hygienic discipline.
4. Daily exercise and playing sports help develop a strong and healthy body. Discipline usually includes some kind of physical training.
5. In an institution, obeying the authorities, i.e. teachers in the school, parents at home is very important because they are usually the ones to form the rules and they are formed with your best interests in mind.
6. In school discipline involves paying attention to the teacher, not talking in class unless asked, following the queues, not running in corridors, walking in silence, etc.
7. At home a disciplined student will finish homework and daily studies, play and eat in time to retire early. Waking up early in the morning, after a bath, he will exercise before going to school.
Discipline keeps students on top of all aspects of life and gives their minds and bodies the ability to focus on the right things in life.
Importance of Discipline in Students’ Life – Long Essay 2.
Discipline is one of the things that we were taught first in school. Even before we began to learn the alphabets and the arithmetic, we are exposed to the virtue of discipline. It can be understood as the practise of training individuals to obey certain rules and regulations by means of reinforcement and punishment. Discipline in some way comes to benefit us throughout our lives. It is an integral part of student life and students are socially required to display discipline. Discipline goes beyond mere obedience. It goes on to include a regulated way of life and inculcating it at a very young age in school will channelize behaviours and the thoughts of children towards their life goals. The following list tries to present a picture of the importance of discipline for students.
- Safety: Being disciplined is important to stay safe and secure.
- Act morally: Discipline helps us to make morally appropriate decisions and act accordingly.
- Be punctual: It helps us to be punctual and on-time every time.
- Be respectful of others: Discipline helps develop the virtue of respect for other people and elders.
- Follow rules: Disciplined children are more likely to follow rules and respect the regulations that have been put in place.
- Regulate behaviour: School going children have not completely developed a sense of morality and discipline is a means to streamline their behaviours.
- Self-control: Discipline helps us resist temptations and have self-control which is in turn related to success in life.
- Liked by all: Disciplined children and adults are liked and appreciated by people around.
- Make good impression: Discipline helps in making a good impression about oneself.
- Act in socially acceptable ways: It guides us in behaving and thinking in socially acceptable and appropriate ways.
- Be kind to others: Disciple guides us to act in a kind and gentle way towards people around us.
- Be focused on one’s goals: Discipline streamlines our thought and actions towards the goals that we have set for ourselves and move towards achieving them.
- Focus on education: We can focus on education and carry out our work in a phased manner.
- To stay organised: Being disciplined helps us to stay in track with our tasks and organise them properly.
- Maintain a regular routine: Organisation and focus on goals helps us to maintain a regular routine on a daily basis.
- Complete work on time: When we are organised and follow a regular routine, we can reach our targets and complete work on time.
- Success in life: Discipline is an important ingredient to achieve success in life.
- Stay healthy: Many of the qualities that are associated with discipline helps in maintaining a healthy state of physical health.
- Stay positive: It is also beneficial for the mental health of the person.
- Self-satisfaction: Discipline and the benefits associated with it helps in creating a sense of satisfaction and happiness with regard to oneself.
Young minds are often less equipped to handle the complex challenges of everyday life. They have so much energy and very less awareness of the world that we live in. Discipline is a key tool that helps them direct their behaviours in safe, appropriate and goal-directed ways. It is never an understatement to say that discipline is the key to success.