Saving wildlife is crucial because of all the resources that have been bestowed on us by nature, wildlife is one of the most beautiful and varied.
However, wildlife is also one of the most neglected forms in the race towards development. It has come to such a dangerous pass that many more forms of life are at the brink of extinction, not just as a natural phenomenon but because of the effect of human activities. Saving wildlife has become a priority.
Many trees like the dragon trees and the monkey puzzle tree are under threat as well some plants like the Gujarat Lotus and Ebony. It is well known that tigers and Giant Pandas are among the endangered species of animals.
What is threatening wildlife?
To effectively Save Wildlife it is important to under the following critical threats:
- Reckless urbanization: The burgeoning population and migration patterns are leading to urbanization like never before. In this the forests and nature are the biggest sufferers as more and more land is claimed for commercial and residential purposes by man.
- Loss of habitat: As more and more land is claimed by man; the result is the loss of habitat. Some animals are incapable of breeding in such circumstances and result in their numbers dwindling.
- Air and water pollution: Air and water pollution affects the health of birds and animals as much as the humans. All the ill effects of pollution are equally applicable to them. Moreover, they are forced to face the water contamination in absence of potable water for consumption.
How can we save wildlife?
Some of the important measures to save wildlife are as follows:
- Conservation of wildlife: Awareness programs to conserve wildlife and volunteering for its cause are two ways in which we can change our attitudes towards wildlife. Educating humans to enable cohabitation with the wildlife where necessary can resolve some issues in the existing form.
- Sanctuaries: There need to be more wildlife sanctuaries that will preserve the local flora and fauna and stop the acquisition of land around these areas for habitation. Making vast reserves available to some animals as per their needs is the only way to preserve them
- Controlling Pollution: The unwanted effects of pollution on wildlife can be fortunately reversed by getting this factor into control. Making water bodies free of pollution for the wildlife and to check the air pollution around the wildlife reserves can help save many precious lives.
Save wildlife and the earth is preserved. We must be all of us committed to saving all the life forms that are affected by us, and specially focus on Saving Wildlife.