Sports are an essential part of life. The value of sports is immense, especially in a stress ridden modern life. Sports are a form of physical activity that also provides amusement and often character building. They can be played informally with friends or in a playground or formally as a part of some tournament or games like the Olympics.
Two main types
Team sports are played in a team. There are usually two teams that compete with each other with equal number of players in each. Cricket, hockey, football etc. are the common team sports.
Individual sports are sports where a participant competes with one or many others to win a round or the entire game or a championship. Swimming, Badminton, Athletics, Gymnastics are examples of individual sports.
How sports add value in our lives?
- Sports are a form of physical activity and improve our fitness level. Chess adds value to our mental faculties.
- Sports are a medium of strengthening the personality. The hard work that goes with any sport adds value to personality building. Sports also add value to developing the Ethical side of one’s personality.
- Determination is also needed to succeed in any sport. Sports add value to being a better person.
- Team sports are a great exercise in learning the important value of team work and of collaboration.
- Sports provide a good balancing value to life for the academics at an earlier age and for work at a later stage in life.
- Most of the sports require good concentration and focus. Acquiring of these abilities at an early age adds value in sharpening our psychological dimensions.
- At an early age participating in some kind of sport adds value to better development of motor skills.
- As one gets better at some sport, this adds value to one’s confidence that is reflected in every aspect of the person.
- Actively playing a sport from an early age can add value to your professional life by having that as a career option.
- Sometimes great friendships and lifelong bonds are made while playing a sport in a team, or even individually as one meets like-minded people.
- Sports education is an important element of value based education by being the stronger for accepting defeat gracefully, trying to win by ethical means and empathy in the opponent team but by giving the beast to yours.
- The value of sports in our lives is also inherent in the morals that a person imbibes as a sportsman. The real taste of victory lies in not in winning by using wrong means but by trying your best and by good team work.
In the modern kind of lifestyle, Sports adds value in many aspects of our life like physical fitness, mental alertness and developing social and competitive skills.