Love can be referred to as a combination of feelings, emotions, attitudes, states and a wide range of interpersonal forms of affection.
It can be as intense as “I love my mother” and as temporary as “I absolutely loved that meal.”
It can also mean an emotion that is as intense as a personal attachment and strong attraction.
Love can also be a representation of a kind of virtue towards humanity. Let’s check out the various forms of love that exist in the world!
Forms of Love
- The love for humankind where one treats everyone with respect. Human loving another human is a call of the moment in this strife driven world. The virtue of compassion towards another fellow being also a precious form of love.
- The love of a mother for her children. She takes every effort to make their lives comfortable. When a baby is born, he experiences a lot of love from his parents, family, and everyone around because of the newness and innocence that it brings. Without the love of a mother, babies don’t thrive. So also is the case with animals. A mother is fiercely protective of her newborn She takes aggressive care of the young ones while she can. This is a form of love.
- The love of a soldier for his/her homeland so they don’t think twice before going on a war.
- The love of dogs for their masters where they don’t think twice before giving up their lives for them. The love that an animal feels for his master is independent of conditions. A dog is called a man’s best friend for the unmatched loyalty.
- The love of a wife to her husband and vice versa. It is considered to be a sacred tie that lasts all your life. One of the most celebrated forms of love is that of youth because it usually lasts a lifetime and is formed to forward the natural process of procreation. The love that is referred to the most is that between a man and a woman resulting in marriage and family.
- The love between friends. They are each other’s confidant and emotional fallback.
- The highest form of love, as has been said in many spiritual texts is that of the love that a human being feels for God and God’s love towards all its creation. That is untainted by any selfish emotion.
Human beings experience love in many forms throughout their lives, as children and parents, as siblings, as friends, family, and grandchildren with grandparents. Therefore, love comes in many ways, and we are actually surrounded by it. We only need to look to feel its beauty and abundance. Despite the situation, it is undoubtedly significant. A lot has been written about love yet love something to feel, and it makes one feel totally uplifted.