Earth is one of the nine planets and perhaps the only one where life exists. We inhabit this planet and call it our home. Besides us, it is also home to millions of other forms of life. This is where the concept of “save the earth” comes to light.
Man’s wanton activities have adversely affected the earth and the environment for decades. There has been disequilibrium and large-scale disturbance on planet earth.
Many life forms have even become extinct while today many are endangered. All life forms of earth, regardless of their type, are affected by ecological damage, thanks to the misdirected actions of human beings. Therefore, it becomes all the more important to save earth urgently while there is still time.
Why Save Earth?
- Man must be responsible for his actions and the consequences that follow in taking care of our planet.
- This planet is beautiful because of all the varied species of flora and fauna that inhabit the earth.
- Earth has all the favorable factors for supporting life. We are here because there are air, water, and food available.
- Earth is under threat from the aggressive actions of human beings under the name of development.
- The high levels of pollution are causing the air quality to be unfit to breathe not just for humans but for animals too.
- Incessant claims of man into land and water are taking away homes from animals, and the poor quality of land and water that is being left behind is harming these life forms beyond recovery.
- The greenhouse effect of carbon emissions is causing global warming, leading to dangerous climatic changes and threats of flooding.
It is only by living in peace with nature that we can save earth and life on earth. Imagine a life where there were no air, sunshine, vegetation, and water on the planet! We can call the earth and all its resources as nature’s bounties. Hence, it becomes important to protect all these bounties to avoid any threat to life. It is no secret that human beings and all the other forms of life depend on the earth for resources that we need for survival. However, all of man’s activities that are largely driven by selfishness and greed have caused an irreversible degradation of the earth. Let’s take a pledge to save earth from the hands of human beings.