A habit is an activity or thought that is repeated over time, so that it becomes a part of our daily routine, like a part of our nature.
It is said that many successful people attribute their success to some key good habits that they cultivate in their lives.
Good and bad can be relative terms. They can vary from country to country, from one circumstance to the other and from one person to the other. What is good for a mountain climber, may not be so relevant for person with a desk-job. Something that is considered good in a European context, may not be considered socially relevant in an Asian context. So good and bad is difficult to generalize.
And yet, it is possible to find many habits that are considered good (valuable) and useful for a lot of human beings. There can always be some exceptions, depending on circumstance and situation. The following ones are relevant in everyone’s daily life:
- Hygiene: It is important to maintain daily basic bodily hygiene. It is also important to maintain clean and hygienic surroundings in your home and work place.
- Physical health: Exercise and good diet are important for good physical health. Cultivate good habits of daily exercise suitable to your lifestyle. Avoid unhealthy eating and maintain good balanced diet daily.
- Mental health: Including some prayer or meditation practice in your daily habits goes a long way in building your mental health.
- Social and emotional health: Good habits of maintaining healthy relationships with friends, family and society is important for emotional well-being.
- Financial: Focusing on your work, career goals, to achieve your financial and professional targets is important for a happy and satisfying life.
- Dreams: Every human being has some or the other dreams: physical fitness, financial success, relationships, fame, etc. It is important to build a mental attitude of following your dreams and not giving up on them. This happens by slowly developing the habit of focusing on the dreams and converting them into life goals.
- Learning and Studying: It is important to develop an open mental attitude so that you are always open to learn something new. This habit helps you stay in a state of continual growth.
Cultivate good habits in your life and your will reap the benefits.