Essay on Mobile Phone – Essay 1
A mobile phone is a device used for communication. It is a portable telephone that can make calls when it has airtime or credit or receive calls from someone else regardless of the geographical distance between the two.
A mobile phone therefore bridges the geographical distance between the two parties that are in communication at any particular time.
Mobile phones are an improvement of telephones from the past which were not portable and had to be used at fixed places but now it is possible to actually walk with your own mobile phone all day long.
These mobile phones have unique specifications and operate on different command prompts. The operating systems that are however known for individual phones include the Android, iPhone and Windows among others. These operating systems are uniquely designed to serve their mobile phones appropriately.
Features of a mobile phone
These constitute of the programmed or designed capabilities, applications and services that the developers or manufactures availed for the users of the mobile phones. These features make the mobile phones more attractive and user friendly. The common features that are universally found on mobile phones include:
- A battery which serves as the power source for the mobile phone. The battery is rechargeable and lasts for a specific but not constant period of time as it depends on the activeness of the user and the mobile phone.
- It also has an input mechanism which makes it possible for the user to actually use the phone. The input mechanism constitutes basically of the keyboard. The keyboard has however overtime been challenged by touch screens which actually have a virtual on-screen keyboard for Smartphones.
- Mobile phones also have a mobile phone services provision that makes it possible for the user to actually make calls as well as sending texts as messages.
- Mobile phones use a SIM card. A SIM card allows swapping of accounts from one device to the other. SIM cards are also the bearers of panels to which credits are attached for purposes of making calls or sending text messages.
- Mobile phones have a unique International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) This number uniquely identifies the particular mobile phone.
Main purpose of a mobile phone
Mobile phones have a wide array of uses and can therefore benefit users in many different ways. However, the main purpose of a mobile phone is to actually have a means through which you can communicate and actually bring it with you for your own convenience. Through this important function, mobile phones make work as well as life easier as there is no longer any need to make a physical appearance to get some things done. Mobile phones bridge the geographical gap between the sender and receiver of information.
Benefits of a mobile phone
The benefits of a mobile phone include:
- Mobile phones are convenient in the sense that you can actually bring them to work with you or rather, move around with them.
- Mobile phones can also be life savers because they can help you find your way back if you happen to get lost or find your way to desired destinations.
- They also help you stay connected with friends and family regardless the geographical distance.
- Fun can also be achieved with the help of mobile phones as they feature games and can store music.
- Mobile phones also keep you informed of what is happening in the world with the help of internet access.
- Cameras on mobile phones help you capture memorable moments or events.
- The torch on mobile phones will provide light in times of darkness, literally.
- You also have a recording device to capture important information you may forget or for legal reasons.
Disadvantages of a mobile phone
- Mobile phones can be a serious distraction because they are tempting to use.
- Incessant calls or texts could really be an interruption for times when you need to actually focus.
- The cost of getting and maintaining a phone with credit and other related expenses.
- Mobile phones encourage dependency in that it makes it difficult to communicate in real life.
- Eye sight issues have also been associated with the use of mobile phones.
- Security concerns when someone happens to tap into your private information.
The available types of mobile phones follow their developer companies which are also involved in the international distribution of their design devices. These companies are also concerned with the developing and advancements to different models of these devices so that the interest of the market is sustained as well as for business purposes to make profits.
Mobile phones have actually revolutionized communication by making it easier and faster. They have also been instrumental in eliminating the need to make physical visits to perform certain tasks. However, the idea of making human interactions less functional should be looked into to establish whether the need for faster communication should really be preferred to direct personal conversations and human to human relationship.
Advantages and disadvantages of mobile phones – Essay 2
Mobile phones have various benefits including being super convenient and helpful for humans. It has done made everything super easy. It has made telecommunications very easy in the modern world.
Equally important, the mobile phone not only helps as a replacement for a telephone but also is an access device for the world of the internet.
Since its introduction, the mobile phone has become an integral part of our daily lives. That’s because a mobile phone plays the role of an assistant in everyone’s life. But it is also essential to know about the disadvantages of mobile phones as well.
Advantages of mobile phones
Everything is possible in one click. You can call worldwide and be in touch with the one, who is staying miles away from you. Communication has become convenient through mobile phones. You can stay updated through social media. Also, it is a big platform to showcase your talent and make new contacts. Detailed benefits of mobile phones are as follows.
- You can carry your mobile phone with you, and hence you can stay connected with your friends and family at all times from wherever you are.
- The mobile also has the facility for internet connectivity both at home and on-the-go. So you can access the internet and all its advantages via a mobile phone from anywhere, at any time.
- Mobile phones also have inbuilt clocks, so you don’t need to carry a watch. Alarms, stopwatch, and global time zones all functions are available in your mobile phone.
- It also has an inbuilt calendar so you can keep track of days and dates. You can also use the calendar to plan your daily agenda and book appointments.
- Mobile phones have the facility for various applications [apps]. These vary from apps for taxi booking, travel bookings, hotel bookings, maps, movie bookings, etc. Everything is available in the palm of your hand.
Disadvantages of Mobile Phones
Obviously, it is affecting a lot to youth. Since youngsters are busy updating their activities and trying to be famous by getting into social media more than required. People are being so much fake and doing things just to get famous. It also generates harmful radiation which affects the environment and human health.
- Mobile phones work on electromagnetic waves. It is still too early to decide about the long-term health risks of these waves.
- The tendency to get addicted to mobile phones is also very high.
- Mobile phones have replaced inter-personal social communication and relationships.
Mobile phones are useful but the use of anything more than normal puts in trouble. Access to a mobile phone is harmful to mental and physical health. It is a good source of communication and other works, but complete dependency on its effects very adversely.
Mobile phone – Essay 3
A mobile phone is a tool of telecommunication where people can communicate with each other via wireless technology.
A mobile phone is a portable gadget that is used to make and receive calls by the use of radio frequency. The frequency makes a connection between different mobile phones thus enabling the communication between the mobile phone users. The mobile phone has undergone many stages of evolution since its innovation.
When two people want to communicate via mobile phones, each one has a mobile phone instrument, and the information travels between them, through electromagnetic waves using advanced telecommunications technology. The most valuable contribution of mobile phone technology is that people can carry mobile phones with them wherever they go, and so can communicate with each other across great distances, even while traveling.
Uses of a Mobile Phone
Some examples of the usage of mobile phones in our daily lives today are as follows:
- Mobile phones for verbal communication: Telephonic communication has become easy even while traveling through trains, buses, taxis, and cars. Your phone is not tied down to a wire, and you can communicate with your family back home and also with your connections across countries and continents.
- Mobile phones for internet: Mobile phones these days have a facility for internet connection. So we can browse the internet and perform all online transactions via our mobile phone. Advanced telecommunication technology and high-speed internet allow us to access all the online information from our mobile phones.
- Mobile phones applications: Mobile phones have application [or apps for short] for performing various functions like shopping, travel bookings, entertainment, education, business management, etc.
Benefits of mobile phones
The mobile phone is an essential tool to modern man in the following ways;
- It helps people communicate with colleagues and family members in a smooth way.
- Helps during cases of emergency to enlist aid from faraway places.
- Helps in business since people can market their products over the internet.
- Have made the world a global village by increasing interaction among people all over the world.
Disadvantages of a mobile phone
The mobile phone has some shortcomings. For example,
- It creates a hindrance to the real interactions of humans.
- The mobile phone also creates a lot of interruptions, especially in workplaces.
Mobile phones have transformed communication in our lives. Mobile phones have also made it affordable for common people to access internet and telecommunications technology advantages. It is an invaluable tool that has changed the way people live and conduct their day to day activities. Its applications surpass the shortcomings, and therefore if put to good use it can improve society a lot.
Last updated: February 23, 2019