Teacher – Essay 1.
A person that is considered to be a teacher is one who serves others in their pursuit for knowledge or values.
This means that anyone can basically be a teacher in their various capacities but formally, a teacher has to be qualified and certified. The teacher is committed to ensuring that the learner acquires education.
Who is a successful teacher?
- A successful teacher is consistent in the sense that if she says she will do something, she does. Her world is never influenced by her moods.
- She also uses praise authentically and commends the effort of learners. She does not praise mediocre results and always encourages learners to give their best.
- A sense of humor is also a quality of a successful teacher because this makes a lasting impression to the learners. It proves helpful in times of pressure and fatigue, sometimes even frustration.
- They expect the students to succeed and always show that they believe in them which motivates hard-work. They also show them that it is okay to fail as long as you gave your best.
- Positive attitude is another feature of successful teachers as it favors creativity. Negativity will always hinder the students from thinking outside the box.
- Successful teachers know when to listen to students and when not to as this puts them in the leadership position. They do this in respect of the greater good particularly for the learner.
- They can live without immediate response and this makes them appreciate the fact that some students are fast learners while others are slow.
- They have a sense of purpose which makes them master the courage to wake up and go to school even when they are having a bad day. They focus on the bigger picture.
- A clear objective is another feature of a successful teacher as they know that these objectives will serve as a guide towards the targeted end which is success.
- They also communicate with parents to come up with the best way possible to help the learner as this is their greatest goal.
Role of a teacher
- Teachers have a responsibility to set the tone for their classroom in the sense that they inspire hard-work and positivity. A dull teacher will translate into a lazy classroom.
- Teachers also build a warm environment which accommodates everyone regardless of their family’s social status or religious background. This makes students know the importance of equality.
- Mentoring and nurturing students is the principle role of teachers. This helps them grow into responsible members of society and also plays a critical role in building character.
- Teachers are also role models to the students. They set an example for them which is also instrumental in building personality as the students get influenced by the teachers.
- Teachers also have the capacity to look for signs of trouble in the lives of the students in an attempt to provide the best care hence state of mind for the children.
Qualities that make for a good teacher
- Honesty and integrity is a quality every teacher should have as they are role models for the students.
- Teachers should also inspire others because they set the tone for the school as well as the individual classrooms.
- Commitment and passion are features of a good teacher because this is the only way to get good results.
- A teacher should also be a good communicator as the profession involves a lot of communication.
- Having good decision making capabilities is paramount as students always look up to them for direction.
- Creativity and innovation is also a key quality as they need to inspire this kind of momentum in their students.
- Accountability is also expected in teachers because they are required to train students to become straight forward individuals.
- Delegation and empowerment makes teachers able to assign tasks meant to achieve team spirit and also responsibility.
How to improve teacher-student relationships
- Setting boundaries with the students is paramount in improving this relationship because it asserts respect as well as professionalism.
- Requiring equal amounts of respect from every student sends the message of equality and fairness.
- Being available for the students so that they can make consultations before school, during lunch or even after class.
- Being understanding and listening to the students makes them develop trust and confidence.
- Greeting students with a smile and being friendly to them is also instrumental in developing a better relationship.
Teachers are not only role models to our students in schools but they also take up the role of parents to students at school. It is very important for a teacher to maintain a good relationship with their students to ensure that they do not only help them academically but they also help them in their personal life.
Teacher – Essay 2.
A teacher means a person from whom you learn something in life. Though the traditional model of teacher and student exists in all academic / teaching institutions; the term teacher has a far broader application in life.
Whenever we learn anything new in life, we need a teacher to guide and mentor us. In fact, sometimes a teacher can even be a resource or a thing like a book, or a video, from which we learn something new.
The traditional concept of a teacher is, of course, applicable in schools and colleges. In all fields of life, ‘a teacher’ is respected for the knowledge and guidance that he/she imparts.
Acquisition of knowledge and values could never be a reality without the contribution of a teacher. A teacher is an invaluable asset towards the development of a child through to adulthood. The teacher’s knowledge is passed to his or her students thus impacting positively on their lives and future dreams.
Although teaching is a professional area like any other such as medicine or engineering, it’s more of a calling than a profession. Teachers assume the responsibility of nurturing young children and guiding them towards the achievement of their life aspirations.
Teacher at school
Teachers at school follow standardized patterns of curriculum and education. They are bound by the guidance and structure of the school. Every child learns all the basic subjects like Science, Mats, Languages, etc. from the school teachers.
Parents as teachers
Parents are always the best teachers for every child. All the core values of life, to become a good citizen, a human being; a child learns from his parents.
Teachers in life
Teachers continue to play a very important role in our lives at College, like Work, in Business, in Society, in our Family life, etc.
Roles played by teachers
- Imparting discipline to children as well as young adults
- Emotional as well as the spiritual well-being of learners
- Acting as role models to the young generation of learners
- Imparting leadership skills to learners at an early age
- Improving learners grasp of modern technology through lessons such as in computer
Challenges faced by teachers
Whereas teaching is an invaluable tool to many young people, a teacher is faced with many challenges in his or her day to day operations. Some learners are unruly and undisciplined thus making the work of teachers uncomfortable..
Teachers are respected in every field of life because of the vital role they play in developing us as individuals. After all, what they do in society cannot be looked down upon. Virtually everybody must pass through the watch of a teacher, and therefore it’s the core responsibility of everyone to respect the teacher as well as the profession.
My Teacher – Short Essay 3
Teachers are one of the most important parts of our life because they teach us every important lesson of life which we are going to face at some point in life. My teacher is the one who taught me how to face and how to behave in every situation of life. She is the person who made me what I am today. She is the person who is behind my every success.
When I was in school I had teachers for every subject and apart from the subject, they all taught me some different lessons of life. Each of them is unique from other and all have something unique to teach me that no other person in this world can teach me.
My English teacher is my favourite teacher because she is the one who taught me some of the most important lessons of life and she is the one who motivates me to do better every time and she is the one who always supported me no matter what has happened. If I have done anything wrong she is the first one to correct me and if I have done something good she is the first one to appreciate me.
In life, we never appreciate the efforts of our teachers. We always complain about them we always say that they are not good they beat us they give us homework which we don’t like but we need to know and understand that whatever they are doing with us is going to help us in future. We need to appreciate every bit of their hard work which they are doing for us and thank them every single day for their dedication towards teaching and making us strong in every way. So, that we can face every situation of life with grace.
I love my teachers and I am very thankful for everything they have done for me. I think I am the luckiest person because I have some amazing teachers and they are the people behind my every success and they are people who made me this.
10 Lines on ‘My Teacher’ – Essay 4
A teacher is an educator who teaches or gives instructions. A teacher can be an educator, schoolteacher, private teacher, lecturer, professor, coach, trainer, instructor, guide or a counsellor.
A teacher plays a very important role in shaping the life of an individual. Besides teaching, a teacher also guides and advises his/her student.
Please find below ten lines on ‘My Teacher’.
1. A Teacher is the person who imparts education to the students.
2. My favorite teacher is Mrs. Saha.
3. She is my private tutor and she teaches me at her home.
4. She teaches me English and Mathematics.
6. She also helps in drawing and painting.
7. She advises me to be dutiful and being respectful and polite.
8. My teacher is a responsible and hard-working lady.
9. She gives me some homework and expect me to complete tasks on time.
10. I am thankful to God because Mrs. Saha is my teacher.
Short Essay on Ideal Teacher – Essay 5
Teaching is an ideal profession. Very few people are fortunate enough to find good teachers.
A teacher’s profession is a noble one, a parent only gives birth but a teacher rids a child of all the negative emotions and teaches them how to become the best.
Indian history is filled with great teachers who have left an infinite impression on the history of India.
Qualities of an ideal teacher
An ideal teacher should be a true friend to them, a guide and a role model. An ideal teacher should be able to deal with a wrong doer in the right way. He or she should be able to instill his students with virtues such as; punctuality, kindness, perseverance and cleanliness
By Ananda (2019)
Last updated: July 31, 2019