Nature – Essay 1.
Nature is basically the phenomenal reference to the natural, physical or material aspect of life. Nature births words like natural which is used to refer to things that are not made by human beings.
Nature as described by human beings refers to the way things are. Some of the examples of things that can be described to be part of nature include the weather, plants, rivers and mountains.
Nature constitute things that are in existence without human effort or involvement. Natural phenomena are happenings due to natural forces.
Importance of nature in our life
- Nature provides human beings as well as animals with food to eat. Some of the plants which grow out in the wild or even in farms are consumed as food.
- Water is also a product of nature that is beneficial in the life of living things. It comes from the rain, water bodies like rivers and forms one of the basic but important needs to human and animal life.
- Nature also provides shelter which is basically home for animals and human beings in times of need. Because of nature, the living things have a shade in times of rain and when the sun is too hot. They also have a place to rest and sleep at night.
- Wood is also an extract of nature. It is sourced from trees and used to build houses and furniture.
- Trees attract rain which is helpful in watering plants to achieve growth. The rain is beneficial in providing water as well.
- Nature also provides a tourist attraction which brings revenue for so many countries where foreigners visit to marvel at the things nature has blessed individual countries with.
- Nature provides minerals like gold and diamond which are used in trade and also in the making of ornaments and jewelry. This brings money and fame for people as well as the countries.
- Land forms and land forming processes have been very instrumental in ensuring that the earth is beautiful and that there is a certain order to things and places.
- Nature provides gas and fuel which is used in providing energy that drives machines as well as the different forms of motor.
- Waterfalls and wind are used to drive turbines that are very instrumental in the generation of electricity to light up houses, drive machine and equipment and give power to different electronic infrastructure.
The beauty of nature
- The moon, stars and celestial bodies are a source of light at night but what is noticeable is the fact that they make the sky look so beautiful at night.
- The trees and other plantation make the land look beautiful and their distribution is perfect so much so that from an aerial view, the earth appears very nice. Beautiful aerial view is therefore the beauty of nature.
- Water bodies also look beautiful and provide a good background from which people can take pictures to create memory.
- Animals like the zebra are beautiful to see and that is why tourists travel from their countries just so they can go and appreciate this rare beauty.
- Running on grass provides a beautiful feeling and experience which is why many children love to do this. Picnics are also owed to the fact that the grass and trees provide an ambient environment.
- The fact that it is possible to write on a dark rock using a lighter colored rock is in itself a beauty of nature. This has been used to create memories that are helpful for a happy life.
- Bushwalks are also a famous practice that is credited to the beauty of nature
How can we protect our nature?
- Planting of trees will help conserve the environment as it encourages protection of the environment and nature.
- Setting up laws to prevent deforestation will help protect nature by preventing the ozone effect and the penetration of U.V light by extension.
- Being responsible in as much as pollution is concerned will be instrumental in ensuring that the land is protected from pollutants.
- Campaigning for reusable plastic will help establish a pollution free environment.
- Using recommended fuel that has no negative impact on the environment is also a good strategy.
- Punishing poachers and preventing poaching will help protect animals from extinction and exploitation of a country’s natural resources.
- Stopping the blowing up of mountains will help protect land forms and land forming processes.
Conserving the environment is therefore the best way to protect nature. The principle enemy of nature is man and his activities which is why a sense and practice of responsibility in human beings is the best strategy through which the protection of nature can be achieved.
Nature – Essay 2
Nature is the pulse of the planet that we live in. It is always around us in noticeable or transformed manifestations that we have come to take it for a given. We can define nature of as “the phenomena of the physical world collectively”. By this we mean to include all plants, animals, landscape and all other features of planet Earth. Understanding nature becomes clear when contrasted with what is not nature. Nature does not include the manmade structures around us like the buildings or the roads. Nature is the creative and controlling force that operates in the universe. This feature has been often the reason for viewing nature as God and for nature worship to emerge as a practise. The presence of nature is innate and inseparable to human existence.
- Provide clean air: Nature maintains the purity of air which is essential for maintaining life on earth
- Provide clean water: Nature provides us with abundance of clean water that is used for variety of purposes beginning with basic survival needs
- Promote health: Being in nature and close to nature promotes good health
- Food and nutrition: The nature provides us food and nutrition that becomes very crucial for our survival
- Improve quality of life: Being close to nature and part of nature and the environment improves quality of life and living for all
- Healthy development of children: Being in touch with nature and growing up with nature contributes to the healthy physical and cognitive development of children
- Beauty: Nature is very beautiful and the panorama adds beauty to our life and to this earth
- Recreation and relaxation: Engaging with nature is a very helpful source of recreation and relaxation for many
- Positive emotions: Being amidst nature brings about positivity and encourages positive emotions in the individual
- Peace of mind: Nature has the ability to kindle a spirit of peace within oneself and helps feel clear and mindful
- Provide rain: The natural processes provide rain that replenishes the water cycle on earth
- Balance of seasons: It maintains the seasonal balances and timely onset of seasons like summer, spring and winter
- Repository of resources: The nature is abundant of resources like minerals and all kinds of materials like soil and wood that we use to build materials that we use in our daily lives
- Provide energy resources: The nature is abundant in energy resources, beginning from solar energy to deposits of coal and natural gas which are the foundation for the present society
- Sustenance of life: Nature is the foundation for life on earth and no life can sustain without nature
- Preserve the ecosystem: Natural processes play and important and essential role in maintaining the ecosystem of diverse flora and fauna
- Make earth suitable for life forms: The preservation of ecosystem is very much vital for survival of life forms
- Diversity of life forms: Nature presents to us a diversity of organisms that form the interconnected ecosystem that we live in and are very much essential for our survival
- Ecological balance: Nature is very important and imperative for the maintenance of ecological balance in the planet
- Purifying the planet: Nature as a system purifies and maintains the balance of various ecological and biological processes that sustain the planet and life forms on it
Nature is very essential for human survival on Earth. And yet, we go on to exploit and pollute nature for our selfish interests. It’s time for us to reflect at the choices that we have taken with regard to nature and the ways in which we use it. Nature is key to our survival and so is the protection of nature.
Last Updated: March 16, 2019.