Earth Day – Short Essay.
Earth day is celebrated every year on 22 April. Various events are organized to aware people about the protection of planet of Earth. There is Earth Day network.
Earth day was first celebrated in 1970 and 193 countries participated in it. Earth is our home and we all need to protect it. If we want us and our future generations to live long we need to protect our mother.
Causes of pollution on Earth:
Advancement and development has led to adverse effects on Earth. These all new tactics are destroying our home. Some of the reasons are:
- Global warming: Due to waste and toxic pollution ozone is depleting and earth temperature is rising. This is a very serious issue. This debate is always the hot topic on Earth day celebration.
- Deforestation: Due to ever increasing populace on this planet human beings are now erasing trees and forests to make new hospitals, roads, schools and cities. This also cause rise in temperature, melting of Antarctic glaciers and flooding in the end.
- Use of Artificial Fertilizers: To feed such a large population farmers need more crop in less time. This is only obtained by artificial means which is causing so much harm to the lands. Soil erosion, Infertility, low water levels are increasing day by day. We need to stop this act and start acting wisely.
Effects on humans:
When earth is polluted it brings the following harmful effects on humans, plants and Animals:
- Ecosystem is disturbed as all the life on Earth is distracted by the artificial
- Plant and Animal Species are extinct.
- More floods as snow on the mountain tops is melted.
- More people die due to increased flooding.
- Natural calamities increase due to ozone depletion and global warming.
- Temperature of Earth rise
- Volcanic eruptions.
Importance of Earth Day:
This is a very good step whoever took it. This day has the following benefits:
- Educate people about the awareness of Earth protection.
- It put sense into people that what are they doing to their planet and destroying it.
- Life value is understood by the people and they know the importance of saving the earth.
- Conservation of the endangered species. In this way, the food web is not destroyed.
Conclusion: Earth is our home and we all need to understand its importance. Some schools celebrate this day at school and educate students about a healthy and sustainable environment. Save Earth and live healthy.