Importance of Games – Essay 1.
Games are the various sport activities that people take part in. There are different types of games that exist and people become involved in the one that they enjoy and one that they are best at. Games are very important to the life of an individual.
Taking part in various games is a great way of exercising. This is because games require one to involve various parts of their body which helps one to stay fit.
Games also give one the spirit of being a team player. This is because many games require one to be part of a team and contribute towards the success of that team.
Games also help to improve one’s self confidence. This is because one gets to play while being watched by many people and winning in front of a crowd boosts one’s confidence.
Games help one to deviate from a monotonous lifestyle. One gets to do something different other than other basic activities that they take part in.
Games aid in improving one’s social skills. They involve one meeting a lot of people and interacting with different people.
Games also enable a person to follow rules in the society. This is because games involve various rules which a player is expected to follow and following them enables one to follow other rules that exist in the world around them.
Taking part in games help to boost one’s stamina and strength. This is through the vigorous body activities that one takes part in.
Games are very important as they do not only help to build a healthier body but they help to create a better person. It is important for people to take part in games that they are good at so that they can lead healthier lifestyles.
By Mary (2019)
Importance of Games – Essay 2.
Games are a means of entertainment. It is an activity which can be individual or multi-player, usually competitive, when played by more than one player.
- Games are an activity either involving physical exercise or mental exercise using strategy or co-operation.
- Card games involve different types of games such as solitaire, rummy, played by a deck of cards. These are mostly strategy games.
- Party games are purely for fun and entertainment for children or adults. The popular ones are, musical chairs, passing the parcel. Pin the tail, etc.
- Board games are mostly indoor games using a board and some pawns and most often a die to roll and move .e.g. snakes and ladders, Monopoly, Scrabble, etc.
- Video games are also strategy games. They can be single player or multi player and usually involve different levels to be passed, e.g. Super Mario,
- Olympic Games are the real sport events which can be a decisive event in a sportsman’s career. They are the biggest sporting event in the world and involve many different types of sports like Polo, Rowing, hockey Gymnastics, Athletics etc. millions of sportsman work hard and strive to win
Amusement by games has been an age old tradition and continues indifferent forms even now. Kingdoms have been lost owing to games and gambling.
By Janhavi (2019)
Last updated: July 1, 2019.